Proposal: Brannstrom for Kravtsov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The value isn’t bad but the Rangers simply cannot add another defenseman right now. Especially not a young RHD

Reactions: slg1963

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Makes sense to me. NYR can add another defenseman in exchange for a pick or two.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The Rangers are obviously not dealing from of a deep fund of good faith in regards to Kravtsov, but they also need another young depth defenseman like they need a kick in the teeth. Miller and Lundkvist satisfy the threshold for inexperience on the back-end, and there are prospects like Schneider, Jones, and Reunanen who are at or nearing the point of contention for a call-up. If there's an opportunity to acquire a Dellandrea or Hayton then I would jump on it in Drury's shoes, but Kravtsov's perceived value is entirely speculative at this point.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'll echo what others have said... unless they view him as a significant upgrade over Lundkvist, I don't think Brannstrom is a good fit for the Rangers

Reactions: Legionnaire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
We already talked about this exact proposal a few days ago.
Hes not a significant enough upgrade on Lundkvist to warrant ponying up Kravtsov. Its good value in a vacuum but NYR dont need a Brannstrom.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ideally, his value is repurposed as an F or draft pick(s).

However, they should take a high end D equivalent of Krav if that expedites retaining value.

Howev, Bran is not our guy.
Thinking more like Krav + small + for Broberg

ok, he's not available, but I want more than Bran 1:1

would rather do a higher end prospect with ++s in a bigger deal, like w/Preds than take less for K 1:1

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

However, they should take a high end D equivalent of Krav if that expedites retaining value.

would rather do a higher end prospect with ++s in a bigger deal, like w/Preds than take less for K 1:1
So you'd rather trade quantity for quality?

Why would any other team trade a top prospect for a guy who asked for a trade and that the NYR need to trade?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

UH UH You didn't! Broberg again? We may have to file a restraining order against you and any Broberg posts.

Geez its not even an Oiler thread. I know they were picked one pick apart and all that blah blah, but the Oiler's don't need scoring wingers, but Left defense is a ghost town past Nurse, so Broberg is much more important to us. I actually like Kratsov, but we are still happy with who we picked.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
If we are trading Kravs it should be in a package that returns us a centerman that will win faceoffs.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Dont mind the value but its just a trade that doesnt make sense for both teams. Both teams would want to use their players to aquire a different need rather than a swap

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So you'd rather trade quantity for quality?

Why would any other team trade a top prospect for a guy who asked for a trade and that the NYR need to trade?

bold: I am looking at overall value. In the reply I had to a Nashvilled poster who wanted to do Prokop + 2nd for Krav, I said would prefer an expanded deal, which included Strome + Hajek to Preds with Prokop + better futures to NY. Usually everybody seeks better player in a trade, which is understandable. But there is better value immediately as opposed to likely value of matured assets in the near future.
Building is not a bad thing. Impulsive, constant desperate win now moves, esp with only a min of building, are.

Underline: dif players are dif fits to dif teams. There are dif circumstances. Krav is obv an underutlized asset, which would not be the case if NY did not have to deal w/waiver limit, exacerbated b'c they can't deal Hajek/Strome until rosters settle. That is temporary, and can be overcome. K will play for NY again, and his value will be upped and then he will get dealt.
However, if a team sees an opportunity, while they are not gonna buy as low as they like, if they get close enough, a deal for K, pref in a futures heavy package, could work for Rangers and still be good gamble for trading partner.

UH UH You didn't! Broberg again? We may have to file a restraining order against you and any Broberg posts.

Geez its not even an Oiler thread. I know they were picked one pick apart and all that blah blah, but the Oiler's don't need scoring wingers, but Left defense is a ghost town past Nurse, so Broberg is much more important to us. I actually like Kratsov, but we are still happy with who we picked.

1. If I choose to, I will bring up Broberg until the cows come home. No one silences bernmeister.
2. Hold yer horses. I specifically said he's not available. I clearly used that to signal I'd want more like a physically comparable Broberg for Kravtsov then an alternate. Prokop is appealing to the extent he is Broberg lite -- tall and a gifted skater.
3. A side note. Have to give to get. Had people only yielded to me, rather than not listened to bernmeister, you would have Buch, I would have Broberg, Strome would have been traded, and Krav would be with the team. [I like Blais and would have considered a separate deal for him.] The few prior discussions by your side looking to pry K are offers like Yama and a lesser pick.
NO NO NO

trust we are good now

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
bold: I am looking at overall value. In the reply I had to a Nashvilled poster who wanted to do Prokop + 2nd for Krav, I said would prefer an expanded deal, which included Strome + Hajek to Preds with Prokop + better futures to NY. Usually everybody seeks better player in a trade, which is understandable. But there is better value immediately as opposed to likely value of matured assets in the near future.
Building is not a bad thing. Impulsive, constant desperate win now moves, esp with only a min of building, are.

Underline: dif players are dif fits to dif teams. There are dif circumstances. Krav is obv an underutlized asset, which would not be the case if NY did not have to deal w/waiver limit, exacerbated b'c they can't deal Hajek/Strome until rosters settle. That is temporary, and can be overcome. K will play for NY again, and his value will be upped and then he will get dealt.
However, if a team sees an opportunity, while they are not gonna buy as low as they like, if they get close enough, a deal for K, pref in a futures heavy package, could work for Rangers and still be good gamble for trading partner.

1. If I choose to, I will bring up Broberg until the cows come home. No one silences bernmeister.
2. Hold yer horses. I specifically said he's not available. I clearly used that to signal I'd want more like a physically comparable Broberg for Kravtsov then an alternate. Prokop is appealing to the extent he is Broberg lite -- tall and a gifted skater.
3. A side note. Have to give to get. Had people only yielded to me, rather than not listened to bernmeister, you would have Buch, I would have Broberg, Strome would have been traded, and Krav would be with the team. [I like Blais and would have considered a separate deal for him.] The few prior discussions by your side looking to pry K are offers like Yama and a lesser pick.
NO NO NO

trust we are good now
No one is going to send anything valuable for Strome or Hajek, so stop with this nonsense.

Value of Kravtaov has dropped significantly, at around a 2nd rd pick ala Nikita Filatov.

That's what you'll get

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just room for him with NYR. Last thing we need is another smaller, puck-moving Dman. I know backend direction for NHL teams wants players who can get the puck out, but we simply have a lot of those exact players.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Kravtsov for Pinto could meet NYR needs. Branstrom does not.

Do you want Sens fans to come for your head?

Pinto is probably more untouchable than Norris or Chabot in the eyes of Sens fans. They and management know what Pinto can and will be. Non starter.
Greig is possible, but Pinto. No. That’d be like Ottawa offering Tyler Kleven for Zac Jones.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No one is going to send anything valuable for Strome or Hajek, so stop with this nonsense.

Value of Kravtaov has dropped significantly, at around a 2nd rd pick ala Nikita Filatov.

That's what you'll get

Hajek yes, he commands little
strome = late 1st or 2nd +
stop w/yr usual bs

attempt to drive down K price from 9OA is unwelcomed and conditionally wrong.
If Drury justs wants to be done and over, and just takes what's there, then yes NY can only expect a 2nd

Howev, HE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO THAT
After creating a spot on NYR, K can return, have value upped, and THEN dealt.

That is path currently being followed and hopefully they will go there unless there is a sufficient offer ballpark comp to 9OA value on the table.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Do you want Sens fans to come for your head? Pinto is probably more untouchable than Norris or Chabot in the eyes of Sens fans. They and management know what Pinto can and will be. Non starter Greig is possible, but Pinto. No. ....

it wasn't a precise proposal, just based on positional need,
but made sense based on age, draft slot and post-draft performance.

Supposedly NYR liked Greig a lot that draft

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Perhaps Vesalainen from the Jets? Larger scoring winger who can't crack the Jet's top 2 lines.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Braanstrom for Romanov maybe?

MTL gets the puck moving and PP LD.
Ottawa gets a dman that the coach will like and slide in at the bottom pairing.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers say no. Brannstrom wouldn’t crack our defense.

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist

The only player he might be better than is Lundkvist but it doesn’t really make sense for NYR. In the AHL we have Zac Jones and Tarmo Reunanen as well who are similar to Brannstrom and are also LHD.

I would do Kravtsov for Greig or Formenton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad