Brandon Duhaime/Connor Dewar or Marcus Foligno/Freddy Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which group?

• Duhaime/Dewar

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Foligno/Guadreau

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If you had to pick - contracts and all (which I'll list below), which group of forwards would you have gone with:

Brandon Duhaime (2 years/3.7 million)
Connor Dewar (1 year/1.18 million)

vs

Marcus Foligno (4 year/16 million)
Frederick Gaudreau (5 years/10.5 million)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really hard to overlook how bad the Foligno/Gaudreau contracts are

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If I trusted getting better players than Trenin types, I'd probably go with the cheaper guys. As such, I kind of don't really care anymore.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gaudreau was at best in the same tier as Dewar and Duhaime last year, possibly worse.

Foligno is clearly better though.
Gaudreau was injured by Reaves. An injured Gaudreau played at the same level as them. I’m hoping for a nice bounce back.
Gaudreau was crap last year, and Foligno didn't play for 37 games. Throw in the AAV and terms of the contract, ages, and it's not even close, to me.
Foligno outproduced each of Dewar and Duhaime while playing 27* less games. Let that sink in. Dewar and Duhaime are fringe NHL players. Foligno is a 3rd line player that we hope has solved his injury problems.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
4 years was too many for Foligno and 4M is in line with his "peak" which he's passed.

After the year Freddy had he's basically on par with Boyd as a player, who was added on a 2-way. Was at least a reasonable rationale for this one at the time with a thought process to move on from Foligno and let Hartman walk rather than giving him ~5/30 but neither of those things happened and they ended up both extending.

So yeah, give me the other 2, though not really against the "neither" option as there's guys like Lauko who can be acquired for nothing, Lorentz is on a PTO in Toronto, Boyd on a 2-way, etc.

I reckon we could have Tarasenko, Glass, Lankinen, and a 3rd instead of Foligno, Gaudreau, Fleury, and Novak, even an additional asset if Foligno was traded last year. That's the group I'd prefer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad