Brandon Duhaime/Connor Dewar or Marcus Foligno/Freddy Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which group?

• Duhaime/Dewar

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Foligno/Guadreau

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You were the one who brought Brodin into the conversation, and created the straw man.
Not at all. The straw man is that you think I view Brodin and Foligno as the same level of players, which I never said or implied. I simply applied your argument to a different set of players. Did I apply it incorrectly? Is Middleton not younger, less injury prone, and less costly than Brodin?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Foligno is actually pretty good if a little overpaid (the GM is a fan of his intangibles)... the other three are occasionally useful but borderline replacement level.

I think Guerin also did well to get draft picks back when he realized he couldn't afford to keep them, so overall it's a credit to the Wild drafting and developing Duhaime and Dewar and basically recouping the draft picks to try it again some time.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think it’s easy to hate on Foligno due to his cap, but this team is better with him in the lineup than without. That’s why his health is so important. If he and Gaudreau are back to their healthy selves next season, this poll is a no brainer.

Gaudreau is someone I expect to bounce back after an injury riddled season. He won’t be a 40 point guy, but I could see 25-30 points with decent faceoffs, solid penalty kill contributions, and a positive +/-. It’s also a bonus that he is right handed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad