Value of: Brady Tkachuk

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I liked Nemec in his draft, not sure how he's developing but can never have too many RDs.

How is he developing?
He's doing okay, he got hurt late in the offseason and was pretty poor in pre-season and his first handful of games. He probably could use some more AHL seasoning but he's on track to be no worse than a solid top 4 offensive minded dman.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What are the sens trying to achieves with this Trade?

Go back to a rebuild? Trying to get an assets of similar talent but at a différent position? Or get a Bunch of good assets to get a Line Up with better depth?
OP has been the biggest Brady hater in the Sens forum for years, that’s why the proposal.

Poster would like to get Karlsson back in Ottawa, that should tell you, all you need to know.

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
As a Sens fan, I feel that the franchise is not going to get rid of Brady for optics. He's well-loved by teammates, coaches and fans. Do I think he should be wearing the C and leading the rebuild? No - I don't think he's a franchise level talent. That much is clear. I also do believe he has a shoulder injury that needs work but they're not going to have him sit for 3-6 months.

There are very few teams that could make a trade like this and make it interesting for Ottawa. MacTavish from Anaheim is enticing but I probably wouldn't do that if I were the Ducks (too early in their rebuild to make big splashes).

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Svechnikov?

That big Russian D in the KHL?

I think the idea would be to have Brady and Svech tag team as a bash brother power forwards.

Nikishin is off limits for basically anyone so it would have to be something else. Probably the only 'big' piece the Canes could deal would be Necas. So this would have to be in the offseason with him agreeing to an extension for Ottawa.

But Necas is poised to explode offensively so we'll have to see about that. He's getting more time on ice and Canes are leaning on him to be an offensive leader.

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
OP has been the biggest Brady hater in the Sens forum for years, that’s why the proposal.

like it or not if the team misses the playoffs this year the team needs a major change to it's core and vibe.

It would be what 8 years of losing? I'm not a hater of Brady, I'm a hater of losing that much.

Brady is the only guy we can trade and potentially get a ransom for.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
like it or not if the team misses the playoffs this year the team needs a major change to it's core and vibe.

It would be what 8 years of losing? I'm not a hater of Brady, I'm a hater of losing that much.

Brady is the only guy we can trade and potentially get a ransom for.
lol, you’ve been pining for Karlsson back in Ottawa.
Would you rather have Brady or Karlsson back.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He's doing okay, he got hurt late in the offseason and was pretty poor in pre-season and his first handful of games. He probably could use some more AHL seasoning but he's on track to be no worse than a solid top 4 offensive minded dman.
Very hard to judge a young D based on his NHL performance at 19-20. Broberg and Clarke (even he still has lots of ups and downs) are the best possible examples. You can only really see what you have in a D when he's 23-24 but until then (except on very rare occasions) you will have to live with flashes and struggles

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
lol, you’ve been pining for Karlsson back in Ottawa.
Would you rather have Brady or Karlsson back.

We don't really have room for Karlsson anymore and we can't move Chabot so Karlsson trade is unrealistic now.

And what I want is for the team to start winning games.

Reactions: Coffee

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Svechnikov?

That big Russian D in the KHL?
His brother Matthew...

We don't really have room for Karlsson anymore and we can't move Chabot so Karlsson trade is unrealistic now.

And what I want is for the team to start winning games.
Chabby could be moved, just wouldn't really get anything back. If a suitable replacement could b signed as a UFA, it might be worth it

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
This reminds me of when some Sens fans wanted to trade Daniel Alfredsson for Craig Conroy.

Those people were crazy.

And it wouldn't really be the same since Alfredsson at that point was a premier two way forward who had missed the playoffs only once.

Brady hasn't played a meaningful game yet.

If anything it would be like trying to trade Brady (Conroy) for a potential Alfredsson.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not a player Sens should ever consider trading.
It would never happen, as they're hated division rivals, but I'd trade Caufield and a 1st rounder - top 5 protected
or
if Sens wanted prospects and picks maybe habs unprotected 1st in 2026
or second 1st rounder pick in 2025 + kapanen + Roy
or a dman like Engstrom or Mailloux

Reactions: Barsky

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
brandsegg-nygard, augustine, and a 1st

dont really have roster players that make sense for ott
They sure do and you have his picture as your avatar, lol. Obviously makes zero sense for Detroit, but that's absolutely a player that would "make sense" for Ottawa, are you serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad