Value of: Brady Tkachuk to Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Florida needs to be all in for defense

Montour is UFA and Ekblad has 1 year left and they need to replace him with someone

Going for more offense instead would be ridiculous

Edit, OEL is another UFA as well

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I think Lundell is gonna be better than Brady or of the similar level. FLA prolly want to see how he develops first.
Yeah im finnish and i will root for all the finnish players always, but this just is not going to happen.

Lundell will have a great career in the NHL and is a solid player already, but he wont get a point per game season on his belt anytime soon. I mean he could if plays 2 games.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Or be like Tampa and just go all in.
Tampa strategically targets players with good cap hits / contracts (Hagel, Nick Paul) except for rental upcoming UFAs. Tkachuk is a huge cap hit, so they would have to be swapping out a big contract for another big contract. Not really the same thing or directly comparable.

Weirdly enough, they've overpaid some guys on extensions (Sergachev, arguably Cirelli, arguably Cernak). When trading for non-rentals though, different story.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
My biggest prediction for the 2024-25 season is Ottawa not succeeding. Brady Tkachuk is fed up and decides his future in Ottawa is coming to an end. If not Florida, I see it being Dallas or St. Louis. But I think everybody would prefer Florida. But what would be fair? I think this deal would work.

Ottawa:
1st 2026
1st 2027
2nd 2025
Spencer Knight
Justin Sourdif

Florida:
Brady Tkachuk
We absolutely tf would not

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa strategically targets players with good cap hits / contracts (Hagel, Nick Paul) except for rental upcoming UFAs. Tkachuk is a huge cap hit, so they would have to be swapping out a big contract for another big contract. Not really the same thing or directly comparable.

Weirdly enough, they've overpaid some guys on extensions (Sergachev, arguably Cirelli, arguably Cernak). When trading for non-rentals though, different story.
And they pay up big prices in futures for those guys, which is the point.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
My biggest prediction for the 2024-25 season is Ottawa not succeeding. Brady Tkachuk is fed up and decides his future in Ottawa is coming to an end. If not Florida, I see it being Dallas or St. Louis. But I think everybody would prefer Florida. But what would be fair?
1 for 1 deal for Matt Tkachuk, a la Gift of the Magi

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Lots of futures and unknowns for Brady. Ottawa won’t trade him unless he demanded a trade.

Florida won’t even be able to keep reinhart this year Bc of cap so why would they give up more futures to take on a bigger cap hit.

NJ would make a hockey trade for Brady. I think I would offer Hamilton and 10oa.
They’re 100% keeping Reinhart lol

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Teams that I think would want Brady Tkachuk the most based on their rosters and core players, and could realistically actually make a legit offer and afford it in their cap structure :

Chicago
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Colorado (only if it involves Nichushkin or Landeskog)
Minnesota
Anaheim (only if it involves Zegras)
What would the Islanders offer? Outside of Barzal, Horvat and Dobson what do they have to give Ottawa? Would be a lateral move at best of they can't pay up with futures, and I don't think they have the required assets in they depatment to make it work .

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Teams that I think would want Brady Tkachuk the most based on their rosters and core players, and could realistically actually make a legit offer and afford it in their cap structure :

Chicago
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Colorado (only if it involves Nichushkin or Landeskog)
Minnesota
Anaheim (only if it involves Zegras)
Montreal would be all over Tkachuk and have the assets to make the trade but I’m not sure if Ottawa would dare to move him within the division

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine the new owners trading B Tkachuk and taking back youth hopefuls? That's one way to reduce season tickets.

Montreal would be all over Tkachuk and have the assets to make the trade but I’m not sure if Ottawa would dare to move him within the division

Sens will ask for pieces we prefer not to give up. It would probably be 5th OA and Caufield or Suzuki straight up. We won't be able to acquire by using futures only.

This B Tkachuk trade talk is a reach. New owners are not trading him.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t see the assets required.
What would it take? Montreal have so many assets to dangle with
Imagine the new owners trading B Tkachuk and taking back youth hopefuls? That's one way to reduce season tickets.

Sens will ask for pieces we prefer not to give up. It would probably be 5th OA and Caufield or Suzuki straight up. We won't be able to acquire by using futures only.

This B Tkachuk trade talk is a reach. New owners are not trading him.
I would be open to Caufield + or Reinbacher + depending on what they need but I feel like their biggest need is a RHD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What would it take? Montreal have so many assets to dangle with

I would be open to Caufield + or Reinbacher + depending on what they need but I feel like their biggest need is a RHD.

They would be looking for a franchise talent in return. Reinbacher+ won't be enough. They will want someone who can come in and still put fans in the seats. Trading Tkachuk for future hopefuls will really piss of their fans and this is a business.

They probably say no to 5th OA and Caufield. I am not sure what the Habs would do in the 4 years Brady has left. I don't think our D is ready for prime time yet and in 4 years, Brady walks to the US somewhere and we are left deflated.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
If he was REALLY available, I have to imagine the canes make a good pitch. We all know they were close with Matthew. I think Brady is a Canes type of player. Necas ++ is a good start.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They would be looking for a franchise talent in return. Reinbacher+ won't be enough. They will want someone who can come in and still put fans in the seats. Trading Tkachuk for future hopefuls will really piss of their fans and this is a business.

They probably say no to 5th OA and Caufield. I am not sure what the Habs would do in the 4 years Brady has left. I don't think our D is ready for prime time yet and in 4 years, Brady walks to the US somewhere and we are left deflated.
Montreal would not go for 5OA and Caufield. Why would they care if a few fans get pissed? I remember a whole bunch of Tampa Bay fans being pissed when they traded Drouin for Sergachev or Habs fans being pissed when they traded Subban for Weber. If you base your trades solely on what fans want you’ll never get anywhere.

Also, I’m pretty certain that if Tkachuk is traded the main piece coming back will be a young, potential elite RHD and there aren’t too many of those around and the teams that have them usually can’t really afford to trade them for a winger

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal would not go for 5OA and Caufield. Why would they care if a few fans get pissed? I remember a whole bunch of Tampa Bay fans being pissed when they traded Drouin for Sergachev or Habs fans being pissed when they traded Subban for Weber. If you base your trades solely on what fans want you’ll never get anywhere.

Also, I’m pretty certain that if Tkachuk is traded the main piece coming back will be a young, potential elite RHD and there aren’t too many of those around and the teams that have them usually can’t really afford to trade them for a winger

I was talking about the Sens fans filling their arena. Not the Habs. Sens are at a critical time and they have new owners. Trading Tkachuk for future hopefuls would be a big business risk IMO.

I don't see this Tkachuk trade talk worth it. We are wasting our time because I don't see Tkachuk being traded. Asks for a trade? Why would he do that before his NMC kicks in on July 1st? Lets say he does it after the NMC kicks in... he's not waiving it for Montreal IMO.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I was talking about the Sens fans filling their arena. Not the Habs. Sens are at a critical time and they have new owners. Trading Tkachuk for future hopefuls would be a big business risk IMO.

I don't see this Tkachuk trade talk worth it. We are wasting our time because I don't see Tkachuk being traded. Asks for a trade? Why would he do that before his NMC kicks in on July 1st? Lets say he does it after the NMC kicks in... he's not waiving it for Montreal IMO.
So was I. You’re always trying to shove your narrative down everyone’s throat. You don’t know whether Tkachuk wants out or not (report lately have said he does). You also don’t know if he would consider Montreal or not. Also, FYI, his NMC doesn’t kick in until next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad