Value of: Brady Tkachuk to Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My biggest prediction for the 2024-25 season is Ottawa not succeeding. Brady Tkachuk is fed up and decides his future in Ottawa is coming to an end. If not Florida, I see it being Dallas or St. Louis. But I think everybody would prefer Florida. But what would be fair? I think this deal would work.

Ottawa:
1st 2026
1st 2027
2nd 2025
Spencer Knight
Justin Sourdif

Florida:
Brady Tkachuk

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
My biggest prediction for the 2024-25 season is Ottawa not succeeding. Brady Tkachuk is fed up and decides his future in Ottawa is coming to an end. If not Florida, I see it being Dallas or St. Louis. But I think everybody would prefer Florida. But what would be fair? I think this deal would work.

Ottawa:
1st 2026
1st 2027
2nd 2025
Spencer Knight
Justin Sourdif

Florida:
Brady Tkachuk
Wow, wow, wow, you mean a team who hasn‘t made the playoffs in 7 straight seasons, will not make the playoffs? Truly a „biggest prediction“, if I ever seen one.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
My brother in Christ,

Florida needs to at least attempt to bring in some younger cheaper players (through drafting mostly) who can be top 9 forwards or top 4 defenseman going forward. Otherwise you hit the point where your picks and prospects are all gone and all of your guys either get old and slow down or need raises you can't fit under the cap. Or both.

In the cap era, you have to at least attempt to be like what Boston has been for the last 15 years, and avoid being like what Calgary became last year or San Jose became 6-ish years ago. After the Giroux trade and the Tkachuk trade, and looking at which of Florida's better players will be UFA soon, it's probably time to keep at least half of your 1st rounders for a while.

Reactions: Doublechin

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Teams that I think would want Brady Tkachuk the most based on their rosters and core players, and could realistically actually make a legit offer and afford it in their cap structure :

Chicago
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Colorado (only if it involves Nichushkin or Landeskog)
Minnesota
Anaheim (only if it involves Zegras)

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
My brother in Christ,

Florida needs to at least attempt to bring in some younger cheaper players (through drafting mostly) who can be top 9 forwards or top 4 defenseman going forward. Otherwise you hit the point where your picks and prospects are all gone and all of your guys either get old and slow down or need raises you can't fit under the cap. Or both.

In the cap era, you have to at least attempt to be like what Boston has been for the last 15 years, and avoid being like what Calgary became last year or San Jose became 6-ish years ago. After the Giroux trade and the Tkachuk trade, and looking at which of Florida's better players will be UFA soon, it's probably time to keep at least half of your 1st rounders for a while.
Loser mentality. Panthers should be going all in every year to win as many Cups as possible. 1sts should only be used as trade currency.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Ottawa:
1st 2026
1st 2027
2nd 2025
Spencer Knight
Justin Sourdif

Florida:
Brady Tkachuk

Assuming those are all late picks, they add up to somewhere in the 12th Overall range (combined value).

12th overall
S.Knight
A nothing prospect

DeBrincat was traded for the equivalent of about 5th overall and had half the term Brady does. Chychrun was traded for the equivalent to about 8th overall. Both were (at the time) widely regarded as good value trades for Ottawa.

If we want to remove Ottawa from the equasion entirely, then Kirby Dach went for ~12th overall. The difference between Dach and Brady is more than Knight. Hagel went for ~8th overall. Ristolainen went for ~10th and Hagg.

My point is - Plenty of teams will beat this offer. Late picks don't move the needle much for Ottawa, even though Knight is of interest.

Note:
Brady's NMC kicks in July 1st 2025. He has no trade protection before that.

Reactions: wintersej

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Lots of futures and unknowns for Brady. Ottawa won’t trade him unless he demanded a trade.

Florida won’t even be able to keep reinhart this year Bc of cap so why would they give up more futures to take on a bigger cap hit.

NJ would make a hockey trade for Brady. I think I would offer Hamilton and 10oa.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

Ottawa:
1st 2026
1st 2027
2nd 2025
Spencer Knight
Justin Sourdif

Florida:
Brady Tkachuk

So you have ten UFA's and a RFA and 20 mil in cap space and you want to add Brady Tkachuk to the stable? Lmao. Just for cap purposes, you'd ha e to at least need to be sending money back and then you still won't have enough cap to sign most the roster. So either Barkov or Reinhardt for starters and Reinhardts a UFA so he's out. That leaves Barkov.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brady isn’t moving this year. If he gets moved it will be at the draft next offseason before his trade protection kicks in. If he is moved at that time the haul will be massive. He will be 26 with 3 years remaining at 8.9% of the cap.

Reactions: gab6511

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Oh wow, haven’t seen a new Brady thread for a day or 2.
Ottawa wouldn’t want first round picks 2-3 years out lol, if trading Brady. Why would they want picks so far in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
My brother in Christ,

Or we just keep signing players to way under market value long term and keep profiting. As someone who used to root for draft picks, lottery luck, players falling down the board etc etc....dont care. TRADE ALL THE PICKS!!

Reactions: CanadienShark

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Teams that I think would want Brady Tkachuk the most based on their rosters and core players, and could realistically actually make a legit offer and afford it in their cap structure :

Chicago
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Colorado (only if it involves Nichushkin or Landeskog)
Minnesota
Anaheim (only if it involves Zegras)
Isles would be in a very tough spot, have to offload a decent amount of salary. I guess if Pageau is willing to go back that would help a lot. I can’t see any other vets (who mostly have some sort of NTC) waiving to go to Ottawa.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like FLA is offering a lot, till you look at it closely, and it's a classic quantity for quality trade. OTT can do better than this elsewhere. Also, doing this deal means that they can't re-sign Reinhart, and why exactly do the Sens want to trade for 2026 and later picks? Don't they need to get better NOW, while they have good young players just entering their prime?

Haven't OTT fans waited long enough?

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
My brother in Christ,

Or be like Tampa and just go all in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tkachuk for Lundell & Knight
That's terrible for OTT. A player who doesn't play because he is fighting addictions, and a 3rd line C? I like Lundell, he is a good depth player, but c'mon.

I don't see that Florida has anything to offer that would realistically interest OTT.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Assuming all that were true, Ottawa wouldn't be prioritizing early futures in a B. Tkachuk trade. They want to win now. They'd want players who can get them to the playoffs immediately, probably who also have term/years of service. They aren't interested in entering a rebuild. This proposal assumes that they are heading for one.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Oh wow, haven’t seen a new Brady thread for a day or 2.
Ottawa wouldn’t want first round picks 2-3 years out lol, if trading Brady. Why would they want picks so far in the future.
We're better getting use to it.
It's only the start until he gets traded or re signed

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When Brady is traded (at some point) in the next two years, they’re gonna end up with some legit NHL players in return. They’ll get a Boldy, Raymond type in a deal. Guaranteed. He doesn’t have the contract issue to force a deal where he wants to go. He’ll have some say obviously but they’ll get a really fair deal when he ends up cashing in his chips. Unfortunately it happens to everyone in Ottawa, and until that changes, we have to assume it’ll keep happening.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Late firsts and is Knight really worth all that much right now?
Bob is 35 already and from the looks of it Knight is marinating in the AHL for more game time. Not a Panthers fan per se so can't really be 100% sure.

Reactions: Razzler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad