Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Love him ,but Iam also very scared that I do....As with most things us fans have fallen in love with this team seem to always be taken away from us....

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
We can't expect massive jumps as we all talk about development not being linear however I do think BT simply filling out will help him with his skating and shot.

I can also imagine he will be a beast with skating instructors and shooting reps that he will get better technically - doesn't seem like a guy who will sit on his laurels.

At this stage we have our leader; can't imagine our C being anyone other than him, even over Chabot.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I can't wait to see Chucky on a line with Brown. Apparently Brown has his most success with hard working wingers, well here's a dude that's going to elevate Brown's compete.

I was upset at the draft thinking they drafted for the family name - I was so wrong.

Good point, Brown had really good results with Brendan Lemieux

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We can't expect massive jumps as we all talk about development not being linear however I do think BT simply filling out will help him with his skating and shot.

I can also imagine he will be a beast with skating instructors and shooting reps that he will get better technically - doesn't seem like a guy who will sit on his laurels.

At this stage we have our leader; can't imagine our C being anyone other than him, even over Chabot.
I think them sharing the C is a great idea,both are huge parts for this team moving forward why not share the honor??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

IMO its too early for either one.. I know other teams ... Eichel, McDavid have done it but .. I would ride it out. There is no rush to put that extra pressure on a kid with a team that will lose more than it wins.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
IMO its too early for either one.. I know other teams ... Eichel, McDavid have done it but .. I would ride it out. There is no rush to put that extra pressure on a kid with a team that will lose more than it wins.

This is my thought process too.

I'd give them both A's (along with Pageau) and let next season play out. If it's clear Tkachuk is the defacto leader next year he can get the captaincy when he's 20 (still very young, but not youngest captain in NHL history young). Gives Chabot an extra year to grow into his leadership role as well.

Not sure the organization would "strip" Smith and Boro of their A's, but their time with the team is likely coming to an end. They also seem like the type of guys who won't change how they are in the room based on a letter, they can still be leaders next year (albeit in reduced roles).

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Calder trophy nomination predictions anyone?

-Dahlin
-Pettersson*
-Tkachuk

*winner

Honourable mentions to Svechnikov and Kotka, but Brady is outscoring them with fewer games played.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Calder trophy nomination predictions anyone?

-Dahlin
-Pettersson*
-Tkachuk

*winner

Honourable mentions to Svechnikov and Kotka, but Brady is outscoring them with fewer games played.

Dahlin and Petterson for sure.

3rd spot probably will go to Heiskanen... Or if Calder voters are feeling cheeky, Binnington.

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
I agree that Heiskanen will probably get the nod at 3rd place but considering what Brady has done on the worst team in the league should result in him getting nominated, especially because of the fact that he's done better after trading our star players. He doesn't have the help that Heiskanen, Kotka or Svech have.

DDT

Aug 18, 2008
Have been searching, whatès the record for most shots by a sens player in one game?
From this CBC article:
The 19-year-old Tkachuk has tied AlexandreDaigle for most goals as a teenager in a single season in a Senators uniform. With 12 shots on goal, the American also tied Jason York's single-game franchise record set in 1999.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Ya I should have been more specific about that.

I dont think they should name a C at all next season but when it is time then it should be Chucky.

I guess they could do the Home and Away C between he and Chabot but I see Chucky as really owning the team in the near future.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I can't wait to see Chucky on a line with Brown. Apparently Brown has his most success with hard working wingers, well here's a dude that's going to elevate Brown's compete.

I was upset at the draft thinking they drafted for the family name - I was so wrong.
Agreed. Tkachuk is already a line driver. If Brown makes the team next year, we should just run the Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson line. Our 2nd and 3rd lines will be significantly less productive but still have middle 6 players like White, Tierney, Pageau, Duclair, Balcers, Ryan, plus hopefuls like Verroneau, Chlapik, Paul and Formenton. And then whoever we keep out of the 4th line UFAs.

Putting 3 U21 players on a line together is usually very questionable, but Tkachuk already looks like a vet out there. He's already driving his own line since Stone left. And doing a pretty good job at it. If he helps Brown get to his potential, we need to play them together. And we all know what kind of potential Bath has.

:popcorn:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I admit to not following this much but what sort of advanced stats does BT have?

Also is it me or has that whole conversation died down a bit? Seemed for a while it was constantly a battle of eye test VS advanced stats proponents.

Maybe advanced stats are just such an accepted part of hockey there isnt much discussion.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
How is that the case when we see CHL prospects play in the AHL playoffs after never having played a regular season game?

Not sure, I'm just remembering how Wolanin and Balcers were "sent down" on deadline day to be eligible but they never actually went down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad