Confirmed with Link: BRADY SKJEI TO SMASHVILLE!!!! 7X7

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Out of all the signings this is my least favorite but we need the D help so kind of have to bite the bullet. Wonder if McDonagh would’ve stayed if he’d known Stamkos was on his way.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
It's an overpayment, but that's what happens when you need a good D and they are hard to come by. Love the player, glad we got him, hope it doesn't bite us too bad in the last few years of the deal.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
You always overpay in free agency because you are acquiring someone just for cash. Cash is the most unused bit of organizational power in our organization. Trotz just went out and fixed that.

I’m very excited to add Skeji. Our roster desperately needed a high level defenseman.

Reactions: bdub24

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Skjei is a fantastic defenseman. Y'all got a good dude here. He and Pesce were our shutdown pair for the last few seasons. His skating is smooth, his style is immaculate, and I'd kill to have his hair. He's got a great wrist and slap shot, and is really good at sneaking down the left wing boards and sniping a shot far side corner. Over the last two seasons he's 5th in goals scored by defensemen.

He can also lay the boom on occasion, and it's beautiful when it happens.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Full NMC for Skjei too...

1720115701001.png

• Wow
Reactions: hockey diva

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The team sure did get some go-ahead to pay out those signing bonuses on all the contracts too. I guess being under the Cap by $10Mish last year does sort of mean there SHOULD be $10Mish free to hand out as signing bonuses, so in a way, it all evens out. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad