Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 114 60.3%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 65 34.4%

• Total voters

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Leads the Leafs in playoffs points. Finalist for the best defensive forward. Voted as a first and second team all star. Gets 90 to 100 points a year. Kills penalties and plays on the power play. No other team would trade a player like him...none.
No other team has four $11m forwards…..none

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Atleast we're a little more reasonable from "120 points and winning the Art Ross" :laugh:

Holl was a litmus test for who actually knew what a good D-man looks like.

Lots failed that one around here.
He can get 120 points. He has of yet had his career year.

Holl was a AHL D man who played like it all the time. Bad feet and he could not pivot to his left at even an AHL level.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How many healthy scratches playing for Detroit?
Don't know and don't care, as it's irrelevant to how he performed during that period of time in Toronto and the defensive results we got. Holl certainly exposed those who refused to consider more than one defensive attribute. You were wrong about him, he earned himself a nice raise, and our PK especially missed him last year.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leads the Leafs in playoffs points. Finalist for the best defensive forward. Voted as a first and second team all star. Gets 90 to 100 points a year. Kills penalties and plays on the power play. No other team would trade a player like him...none.
If no other team would trade him away, then there are 31 teams fighting to trade us for him, right.

I expect a huge return within days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

then going by your logic. there should be a line up for him. yet there is not.

Nylander should have been traded last year at the height of his value.

and you could argue the same about marner.

i will be frank i don't care either way. but they both have their issues

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Don't know and don't care, as it's irrelevant to how he performed during that period of time in Toronto and the defensive results we got. Holl certainly exposed those who refused to consider more than one defensive attribute. You were wrong about him, he earned himself a nice raise, and our PK especially missed him last year.
He literally got scratched in the playoffs in favor of Lyubushkin. Clearly management/coaching was not aligned with your opinion of his "defensive stats".

You gotta stop, you just keep proving you know absolutely jack shit about defensemen. Save yourself the embarrassment already.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
He’s messing around the edges when the team has needed a major shakeup since they choked to montreal

Team looks mediocre at best

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Holl was a AHL D man who played like it all the time. Bad feet and he could not pivot to his left at even an AHL level
Maybe you can convince Dekes that a healthy scratch defensemen in the playoffs was clearly not some important defensive stud.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
then going by your logic. there should be a line up for him. yet there is not.

and you could argue the same about marner.

i will be frank i don't care either way. but they both have their issues
There are many teams that would love to Trade for Marner. You simple do not trade a player with Marners skill set.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So why trade Marner. Jt is gone after this year. Nylander should have been traded last year at the height of his value.
Four $11M forwards is two too many, especially when one in particular is weak in the playoffs.

Yes, JT will either be leaving or on a much smaller contract after next year. Nylander is the better player and has been improving each year, at least in Tre's opinion, which is why he's now an $11M forward.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
There are many teams that would love to Trade for Marner. You simple do not trade a player with Marners skill set.
Not just MM, but any other players, it should depends on the package.

Like if Columbus send Fantilli, Jenner, 1st and 2nd for MM, that’s something to think about.
Or
Hawks send Bedard for AM, that’s something to think about.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

yes. as you keep saying. and again. if this were the case we would be at least hearing some rumours that teams are making serious inquiries on what it would take. but we've heard nothing. and Treliving has said he's not commenting either way.

and i'm sorry, you can trade players with Marner's skill set. No one is untouchable.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He was competing with Liljegren that playoffs, and Holl won out.
SO what about Lyubushkin then? Clearly the worst D on the team in your opinion (both that year AND this year) yet he's somehow beating out "superior" D for a permanent spot on the team?

You can desperately spin it whatever way you want, you're wrong no matter what. Take your L and move on.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Stolarz and Hakanpaa seem like great cheap options with room for even more upside.

Tanev and Ekman-Larsson have some worrisome term for 33 and 34 year Olds but I don't think management is concerned about 3+ years from now. Tanev especially is an amazing add. I just wonder if we should've kept Lyubushkin instead of Ekman-Larsson, younger and a little cheaper and RD.

Would've liked to see a depth player sold for picks but there's still time
Boosh does nothing with the puck whereas OEL would lead our blue line in goals most seasons and his 32 pts this year would only put him behind Rielly. He also cost only 300-400K more despite being much better with the puck and overall a reliable dman who was part of a Cup winning group. Given what Boosh, Brodie, Edmundson got the OEL deal is actually quite solid.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What about him? He was acquired for a different role, and also did worse.
what role? the role beside Rielly? How come Holl or Lilly couldn't take on that role despite being drastically superior D according to you? Did worse relative to who?

You're just gonna have to man up and admit that none of your bullshit adds up.

Reactions: Bomber0104

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
yes. as you keep saying. and again. if this were the case we would be at least hearing some rumours that teams are making serious inquiries on what it would take. but we've heard nothing. and Treliving has said he's not commenting either way.

and i'm sorry, you can trade players with Marner's skill set. No one is untouchable.
There has been many rumors of trade possibilities....trading a player like him you never get value back. The Leafs would not be looking for draft picks in a trade. They would want players back. As well as reducing cap hit.

Reactions: bax

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Boosh does nothing with the puck whereas OEL would lead our blue line in goals most seasons and his 32 pts this year would only put him behind Rielly. He also cost only 300-400K more despite being much better with the puck and overall a reliable damn who was part of a Cup winning group. Given what Boosh, Brodie, Edmundson got the OEL deal is actually quite solid.
I'm okay with it.

On this team I think the way they'll use him on the powerplay... he'll get 30 points for fun. I'll eat crow later.

He's mobile and he can move the puck. He should be on the 1st powerplay to be honest.

I wouldn't mind a more traditional 2 d on the first unit or if not the second unit with Lilly (if he stays)

I think he just gives us more options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad