Brad Marchand - Greatest Contract Of All Time?

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Geez - you guys are really taking all the fun out of this. Can't you give me and my fellow Bruin fans just one " ... and I wouldn't want him on my team even if he played for free " comment. :laugh:
Sorry, what I was trying to say is rat man bad

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Whether its actually the greatest is irrelevant. The important aspect is having key players on lower $ contracts which helps fill out the roster more easily.
Yep.
But this thread is about Marchand the little super star. Not about cap management and salary budgets.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not bad contract. Result in 1 title in 20 years.
So the four contracts of 45 mill a season for Pajama boy and the Beiber core ? Result in 1 round .
What's the smell test on that risk reward 😉
Marchand is a champ and a big game player.
The best player in this first round series by a country mile. 36 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
So the four contracts of 45 mill a season for Pajama boy and the Beiber core ? Result in 1 round .
What's the smell test on that risk reward 😉
Marchand is a champ and a big game player.
The best player in this first round series by a country mile. 36 years old.
Still 1 ring in 20 years for the "greatest" defensive forward and "greatest" contract of the last two decades. Facts are facts

So I guess using your logic every single Canuck player in history has been overpaid. Result in 0 Cups in 54 years. :nod:
Yup awesome generation for Boston. Talk like some dynasty. Last dance lol. Pure blasphemy to call last year the last dance after the real goat of sports. Completely shameless.

• Haha

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Still 1 ring in 20 years for the "greatest" defensive forward and "greatest" contract of the last two decades. Facts are facts
The cups was before that contract if we take that logic to its max.

2017-2018 to now, that said the Bruins have been the best regular season team during that Marchand contract:

By a good amount, the best defensive team by a good amount.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
The cups was before that contract if we take that logic to its max.

2017-2018 to now, that said the Bruins have been the best regular season team during that Marchand contract:

By a good amount, the best defensive team by a good amount.
Awesome. No rings even better

• Haha

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The only people that hate him are fans of other teams in the East. Everyone else loves him.

I love and hate him as a Sens fan. He does whatever he needs to do to help his team win. Couldn't give a f*** what anyone thinks about him as a player or if he is respected outside of his team and their fanbase. Guy would probably retire if Bruins tried to trade him.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Crosby at $8.7M AAV since 08-09

think about that
Considering his lack of defensive awareness, the Pens are doing him a favour by keeping him financially comfortably employed.
Would probably be in the 2nd round of the playoffs already if Canadian Crosby Media (CCM) propaganda didn't still run rampant.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Yup awesome generation for Boston. Talk like some dynasty. Last dance lol. Pure blasphemy to call last year the last dance after the real goat of sports. Completely shameless.
Good thing he wasn't drafted by the Leafs .......it would be 11 mill a year with 0 Cups

Can't imagine how bad you would ripping him if that were the case.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Matthews , Marner, Tavares .....6pts
35 million

Marchand 8 pts ...... 6 million

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The rat king now has the most playoff goals ever for the Boston Bruins.

all-hail-the-rat-king-v0-utsj6wt9l4xc1.webp

Last edited:
  • Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad