Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
did as deep a dive as i could watching this kid and i’m pretty impressed. to my eye he looks like he slots in to the lineup above Appleton and Baron

i’d like to see him on Lowrys line

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Lambert could have a hybrid role, playing RW with Lowry and Nino for long stretches and playing C on the 2/3 line. Reality is that the Lowry line is de facto 2nd line in ice time. Lambert would bring a lot of the attributes of Appleton but faster and with more offensive punch.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Nino-Lowry-Lambert/Vilardi
Perfetti-Namestnikov-Vilardi/Lambert
Iafallo-Barron-Kupari
Gus

(Yes, Barron at C, maybe)

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I think Lambert could have a hybrid role, playing RW with Lowry and Nino for long stretches and playing C on the 2/3 line. Reality is that the Lowry line is de facto 2nd line in ice time. Lambert would bring a lot of the attributes of Appleton but faster and with more offensive punch.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Iafallo-Barron-Kupari
Gus

I highly doubt they dump Appleton. Although if he was with Barron and Iafallo, that would make a great 4th line.

Reactions: voyageur

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I highly doubt they dump Appleton. Although if he was with Barron and Iafallo, that would make a great 4th line.
If Lambert makes the leap...

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Perfetti-Namestnikov-Vilardi
Nino-Lowry-Lambert
Barron-Kupari-Appleton
Gus

If the Jets keep Iafallo, then maybe a fourth line of:

Iafallo-Barron-Appleton

They had Barron play a bit of C last season.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Nino-Lowry-Lambert
Barron-Kupari-Appleton
Gus

Iafallo-Barron-Appleton

Lambert as a winger might hurt his development, like with Roslovic.

Kupari in the NHL still looks weird to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Nino-Lowry-Lambert
Barron-Kupari-Appleton
Gus

Iafallo-Barron-Appleton

There’s lots of good options. I don’t hate the idea of this:

Connor-Scheifele-Nino
Perfetti-Lowry-Ehlers
Namestnikov-Lambert-Vilardi

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What is Iaffalo worth on the trade market?
He may have more value to the team than in a trade. He's a real Swiss army knife that can slot in anywhere in the line up (although you don't want him in the top six for very long)

He's like a grinder version of Names. Those guys can be super useful

That said, if Chevy needs to clear some salary, he'd be the guy to deal. Somebody would give up something for him

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He may have more value to the team than in a trade. He's a real Swiss army knife that can slot in anywhere in the line up (although you don't want him in the top six for very long)

That said, if Chevy needs to clear some salary, he'd be the guy to deal. Somebody would give up something for him
Yeah I think he's one of those unsung guys.

If he can play with the right guys on the 4th line and he can produce 15 40 while not giving up much hes worth keeping. His salary is a bit high though but it's not a big deal.

Reactions: Buffdog

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What is Iaffalo worth on the trade market?
It depends on the trade timing. I think he would hold higher value at the trade deadline (especially with a bit of salary retention) than he would now. If the Jets trade him now it would most likely be to a rebuilding team with young players to clear some cap space for the Jets, but I wouldn't expect much return (maybe a 4th or 5th). If he has a strong season then he might return a 3rd at the TDL from a contender, especially if the Jets retain. But at that point, the Jets might want to retain him for their own playoff run.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Iafallo-Barron-Kupari
Gus

Kupari out, Gus in.
Kup has shown nothing except skating. Should be waived.

There’s lots of good options. I don’t hate the idea of this:

Connor-Scheifele-Nino
Perfetti-Lowry-Ehlers
Namestnikov-Lambert-Vilardi

A bit strange putting Lowry with Perf and Ehlers, but interesting. Thinking outside the box.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He might also have value as an add in to a bigger trade.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kupari out, Gus in.
Kup has shown nothing except skating. Should be waived.

A bit strange putting Lowry with Perf and Ehlers, but interesting. Thinking outside the box.
Maybe. Gus and Kupari are the same age, and neither have shown much at the NHL level. I included Kupari mainly because of his right-shot and more speed, which I think the Jets' system demands. However, I like Gus fine and his speed has improved.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe. Gus and Kupari are the same age, and neither have shown much at the NHL level. I included Kupari mainly because of his right-shot and more speed, which I think the Jets' system demands. However, I like Gus fine and his speed has improved.

Gus has shown he can be a decent 4th liner.
Kupari looks good but accomplishes nothing. Maybe he improves but is that likely at 24 YO?

Reactions: hn777

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Kupari is being a bit underrated here. He lacks refinement because he was rushed to the NHL, but he has great wheels, plays an aggressive game, and doesn't mind looking to make plays with the puck. He might be able to carve out a role like Appleton, who didn't really make a dent at the NHL level until he was 24 (Kupari's age going into next season).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad