Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If they stick him at center I hope they don’t ‘Perfetti him’ and let him develop at the NHL level.
This a fine line in the NHL for young centers. You want to give opportunities but you can’t leave them in a role over their head and suppress their offense. That’s why young centers get moved to wing to free up their offense. YYou don’t want to risk developing Lambert into a 30 point checker to survive at center when he has so much offensive potential.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
This a fine line in the NHL for young centers. You want to give opportunities but you can’t leave them in a role over their head and suppress their offense. That’s why young centers get moved to wing to free up their offense. YYou don’t want to risk developing Lambert into a 30 point checker to survive at center when he has so much offensive potential.
Yeah that very same thing happened to Lowry when PTO put him in the 3C shut down role to quick. He wasn't ready, but they gave him time to develop and now look at him. Different style but to your point it is the same care with development

Reactions: KingBogo

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
In Lambert's case the move the middle has seemed to unlocked his offence. Hopefully they leave him there. No sense undoing what isn't broken.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Does he start the season with the Jets or the Moose?
Jets being the Jets he probably starts with the Moose. But if Lowry is going to get deployed like a second line again he can probably handle the 12-15 he would get. As long as they don't get hung up faceoff percentage or something silly like that. But that might mean third line minutes for Ehlers again or having to play with Conner and get caved in. Not sure I like any of those scenarios.

Reactions: roccerfeller

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Stupid Jets , they never use any young players right.:sarcasm::laugh:

Jets31 laughing at 13+ years with 2 full-time NHL C's developed.

2 full-time top 4 dmen developed (hey we'll give Chiarot a bump even though he's garbage so 3) in 13+ years.

But hey just start him on the wing, eventually the org will look to development and the future. :laugh:.

Clearly the best there is, was, and ever will be when it comes to young players.

Reactions: Bigfish

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In D+2 Lambert had a pretty nice AHL season. But he didn't hit the ppg mark, much less exceed it. People here are talking as though he had though. I think there is a little excessive exuberance here.

I hope he can make the Jets this year, but I don't expect it, particularly if he is to be developed as a C. And pray to gawd he is because we haven't developed a top 6 C since Scheifele. We certainly need one.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In D+2 Lambert had a pretty nice AHL season. But he didn't hit the ppg mark, much less exceed it. People here are talking as though he had though. I think there is a little excessive exuberance here.

I hope he can make the Jets this year, but I don't expect it, particularly if he is to be developed as a C. And pray to gawd he is because we haven't developed a top 6 C since Scheifele. We certainly need one.
Looking back, a couple of players' trajectories might be relevant... Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic.

D+2 seasons in the AHL:

Roslovic 0.74
Connor 0.85
Lambert 0.86

D+3 seasons:

Roslovic 31 games Jets (14 pts), 32 games Moose (35 points)
Connor 76 games Jets (57 points), 4 games Moose (5 points)
Lambert TBD

I'd assess Lambert to be ahead of Roslovic and behind Connor in terms of development and production, at this point. Notably, their D+3 seasons (when they both got a considerable run at the NHL level) were in the Jets' big contender season, so they weren't exactly in a "youth" movement.

So, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Lambert is given a good run with the Jets next season if he shows well in training camp. He might be up and down a bit, but it will depend on trades. One thing I would like the Jets to do is to push Appleton down to the 4th line and try another skilled RW with Lowry and Nino. That line could offer more offense if they added skill to RW the way Jarvis does with Staal on the Canes.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
i want Lambert and Chib to get a serious shot at 2nd/4th line. I want a faster, more aggressive 4th line that is actually a threat.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

Exactly! It would be a nice surprise, but it’s not something I’m expecting. I’m good with Lambert spending another year in the AHL where he can become more dominant. I want to see him blow the doors off when he’s ready for the NHL.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Looking back, a couple of players' trajectories might be relevant... Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic.

D+2 seasons in the AHL:

Roslovic 0.74
Connor 0.85
Lambert 0.86

D+3 seasons:

Lambert TBD

I'd assess Lambert to be ahead of Roslovic and behind Connor in terms of development and production, at this point. Notably, their D+3 seasons (when they both got a considerable run at the NHL level) were in the Jets' big contender season, so they weren't exactly in a "youth" movement.

So, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Lambert is given a good run with the Jets next season if he shows well in training camp. He might be up and down a bit, but it will depend on trades. One thing I would like the Jets to do is to push Appleton down to the 4th line and try another skilled RW with Lowry and Nino. That line could offer more offense if they added skill to RW the way Jarvis does with Staal on the Canes.
Appleton is a player who hasn't had a lot of competition for his roster spot. One year without him and the Jets and Lowry struggled, but there hasn't been a strong development in RWers in the organization since Laine and Roslovic were traded..I think Kupari could play a similar game to him, but I do like the idea of more skill to play with Lowry, who can make skilled plays with the puck. Hard to say how Scott Arniel goes into the season looking at the roster he helped coach last year...I don't know what changes to expect from him, if any....Could Lambert replace Appleton, is that the Seth Jarvis equivalent?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

D+2 seasons in the AHL:

Roslovic 0.74
Connor 0.85
Lambert 0.86

D+3 seasons:

Lambert TBD

Sure. He could be great in TC and pre-season. But he will need to really assert himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad