Bowen Byram vs Brady Tkachuk

Byram or Tkachuk?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Both are solid young players, but I see Byram as a #1, even Norris level D. Brady will be a horse of a winger that I'd do unspeakable things to get on McJesus' wing but I always take the dominant D over the winger.

Bowen Byram on the Oilers would be the best thing to happen to them since.... well, McDavid himself.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Has to be Tkachuk now but Byram over time. High end D wins out over a high end winger. Byram will be a high end D man. You can literally see it the same way you could see it with Makar. And Byram is freaking 19 years old!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
My two worries with Tkachuk would be power forwards tending to have short peaks and like his father and brother he has the playoff choker gene.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
There’s no way Brady should lose this poll at this point in time. He’s certainly the safe pick. But holy shit Bo Byram looks insane through his first week of being an NHL’er. He lead the Avalanche in ice time last game lol.

You just stated why some us take Byram.

Imagine a rookie on a team as good and deep on D as the Avs coming an and winning prime minutes in all situations?

A defenceman, no less? I didn't love Byram's last year in the dub but his game has translated beautifully to the high skill Avalanche style.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Unfortunately there are a whole lot of people posting them.
obviously the point of me posting that wasnt his 3 minutes of power play time, it was that so far he seems to be a noticeable positive in expected goal driving which is pretty cool

overall though brady is the far more proven commodity so i had to vote for him for now.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
obviously the point of me posting that wasnt his 3 minutes of power play time, it was that so far he seems to be a noticeable positive in expected goal driving which is pretty cool

overall though brady is the far more proven commodity so i had to vote for him for now.

The sample size for even strength play is also far too small for the data on that chart to have any meaning; it only serves to mislead people and just shouldn't be posted at all. You know this and it's irresponsible of you to post it anyway.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
My two worries with Tkachuk would be power forwards tending to have short peaks and like his father and brother he has the playoff choker gene.

Keith played 20 seasons and had over 500 goals. Has Brady even played a playoffs game? This whole comment is a big miss. If you take Byram so be it , but don't invent issues to degrade him with. I'm extremely jealous that the Sens have this kid.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
gotta go with the potential #1D over the 1LW

man, imagine the sens with Chabot and Byram....but they went for Duchene and got peanuts in return

good thing they kind of redeemed themseleves with the EK trade

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I get that Brady types are some of the most rare players in the game. But he's a player who should always be the the 3rd best player on the first line or on the second line. He doesn't have the skill to be a legitimate line driver himself.

So for me I quite easily take Byram because his upside/impact is much higher as a potential top pair defenceman.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
gotta go with the potential #1D over the 1LW

man, imagine the sens with Chabot and Byram....but they went for Duchene and got peanuts in return

good thing they kind of redeemed themseleves with the EK trade

Or Stutzle and Zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad