Proposal: Boston - Winnipeg, Winnipeg - Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens say no. Not what we are looking for. Value isn't bad though to a team in need of a vet center but that's just not us.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
IMO those are a bit underwhelming returns especially with 50% retention on both, I would expect a bit more then that with 50% retention both guys are a steal at those cap hits. My comments aren't aimed at specifically Pens & Boston, just in general.
Thats true. My purpose here is to see what others would look for in return for those players offered. Especially at those retained caphits. I shouldve stated that. My bad

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not when most fans see the issues and know that as long as we just sneak in we won’t be fighting for a cup.
The goal is a cup, not the playoffs.

Most fans on here maybe but not overall. You also have to think about what 2 games of playoff money would do for a team that's played a season without fans and a bunch of time at reduced capacity.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Personally I'd be more interested in a near ready RHD prospect than a draft pick for Copp.

Copp probably walks but I could see Stastny resigning here on another 1 year deal.
Would have been happy with Helleson that went in the Manson trade.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Jets push for the playoffs. They had high expectations and rightfully so after they added what appears to be very good pieces during the off-season to a already good looking line-up. They have disappoimted so far but still have a shot while Vegas is currently in shambles. Go for it . At the most move Copp but that’s it

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jets push for the playoffs. They had high expectations and rightfully so after they added what appears to be very good pieces during the off-season to a already good looking line-up. They have disappoimted so far but still have a shot while Vegas is currently in shambles. Go for it . At the most move Copp but that’s it
Jets are 2pts behind VGK, who are in the WC2 spot, and 1pt behind Dallas , who has 3 games in hand… it’s unlikely they make the playoffs.
As for those pieces they added in the offseason, while functional, they are far from what they should have added… Schmidt in particular is a head scratcher.
This team needs a leadership and culture change and as such, I‘d be selling Scheifele along with Copp, Beaulieu, and Schmidt at the least… likely Statsny as well, though I’d let him know we want him back in the offseason.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Jets are 2pts behind VGK, who are in the WC2 spot, and 1pt behind Dallas , who has 3 games in hand… it’s unlikely they make the playoffs.
As for those pieces they added in the offseason, while functional, they are far from what they should have added… Schmidt in particular is a head scratcher.
This team needs a leadership and culture change and as such, I‘d be selling Scheifele along with Copp, Beaulieu, and Schmidt at the least… likely Statsny as well, though I’d let him know we want him back in the offseason.
You don’t make your team better by trading Schiefele. That’s the start of a full rebuild.

Reactions: Pongs21 and Snowman

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
To Boston
Andrew Copp (50% retained)

To Winnipeg
2nd Round Pick 2022
3rd Round Pick 2022 (Calgary)

2nd trade
To Pittsburgh
Paul Stastny (50% retained)

To Winnipeg
2nd round pick 2022
100% sure that Copp is getting a 1st, dont try to work around it

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
WPG is 2 points outside of playoff contention, don't you want to fight for it ?
It looks far rosier than it is. This team hasn’t won 3 games in a row since the first week of January.

They should be 10000% selling and practice proper asset management

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad