Proposal: Boston - Winnipeg, Winnipeg - Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
To Boston
Andrew Copp (50% retained)

To Winnipeg
2nd Round Pick 2022
3rd Round Pick 2022 (Calgary)

2nd trade
To Pittsburgh
Paul Stastny (50% retained)

To Winnipeg
2nd round pick 2022

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pittsburgh don't need another C, although I'd probably do that for Copp.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I'd think they can get a first personally. Or atleast a 2nd+good prospect (with greater value then the 3rd in OP)
Something like a 2nd+Jack Studnicka or Joona Koppanen.
I am just curious as a Jets fan. I know we maximize the deal

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I think the market price was set with the Jarnkrok deal. I think the Jets could do better. I'd entertain a Copp for DeBrusk swap however

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
WPG is 2 points outside of playoff contention, don't you want to fight for it ?
This team is not a contender and fighting for it would just convince Chevy it is and allow him to make some stupid mistakes for a 1st, maybe 2nd, round exit.
We will be losing Copp regardless due to cap issues, so if we don’t trade him at the TDL, he’ll just walk for nothing in the offseason and that does nothing to help the Jets.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Unless Stastny can play on the wing, I don't see the point for Pittsburgh. They already have Crosby, Malkin, Carter, and Blueger at center, and and extra center in Boyle. Stastny is still an effective player but I don't really think he's a fit in the Pens' lineup.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
This team is not a contender and fighting for it would just convince Chevy it is and allow him to make some stupid mistakes for a 1st, maybe 2nd, round exit.
We will be losing Copp regardless due to cap issues, so if we don’t trade him at the TDL, he’ll just walk for nothing in the offseason and that does nothing to help the Jets.
I understand the rationale but I think in terms of message to the fans it s hard to say we won t even try… don t you think ?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

I get the impression that most Jets fans would rather us go for it if we're within 2 points on Monday. We finally look cohesive enough to win, and any team can go the distance with a flawed roster (cough...Montreal). Re-signing Copp and Stastny isn't absolutely out of the question either, so it's not like it's a total loss by possibly missing the picks.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Unless Stastny can play on the wing, I don't see the point for Pittsburgh. They already have Crosby, Malkin, Carter, and Blueger at center, and and extra center in Boyle. Stastny is still an effective player but I don't really think he's a fit in the Pens' lineup.
Stastny plays wing on Scheifele's line thats why i proposed it. He can play wing or center

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I get the impression that most Jets fans would rather us go for it if we're within 2 points on Monday. We finally look cohesive enough to win, and any team can go the distance with a flawed roster (cough...Montreal). Re-signing Copp and Stastny isn't absolutely out of the question either, so it's not like it's a total loss by possibly missing the picks.
Jets can't resign them both. Chevy still has Dubois to sign long term.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This would be quite disappointing for Boston. Not a need whatsoever and those assets should be used on a better target.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Personally I'd be more interested in a near ready RHD prospect than a draft pick for Copp.

Copp probably walks but I could see Stastny resigning here on another 1 year deal.
I’d love for Statsny to re-sign in WPG. He’s very well liked and respected by the organization, fans, and players, and would be a great vet mentor for our kids.
1 yr at 2m would be nice

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IMO those are a bit underwhelming returns especially with 50% retention on both, I would expect a bit more then that with 50% retention both guys are a steal at those cap hits. My comments aren't aimed at specifically Pens & Boston, just in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad