Proposal: Boston / Edmonton / Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That wouldn’t make sense for Boston would it. Getting a prospect that is years away.
Bourgault isn't years away. Holloway is possibly "before the end of this year" ready. Bourault impressed a great deal in camp and has an outside shot of making it next year, but is more likely a mid-season callup if (and when, its Edmonton after all) one of the depth forwards needs an upgrade.

Reactions: TFHockey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bourgault isn't years away. Holloway is possibly "before the end of this year" ready. Bourault impressed a great deal in camp and has an outside shot of making it next year, but is more likely a mid-season callup if (and when, its Edmonton after all) one of the depth forwards needs an upgrade.

Bourgaults numbers are down this year in junior and he's on a top team. Big red flag when there's no progression in the D+1 year. No interest.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bourgaults numbers are down this year in junior and he's on a top team. Big red flag when there's no progression in the D+1 year. No interest.
He's just under a goal per game and just under 2 points per game. Up from last year. The only disappointment this season with him is the cancelled WJC. No progression my foot.

Reactions: TFHockey

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
How have you come to this conclusion? I watch every Taylor Hall game, so I'm biased, but I looked at NST, EH, TopDown and the Athletic and there isn't a comparison tool out there that says Fiala is better than Taylor Hall. It's not a wide gap, sure, and he's younger, but he also only has 1 year of control left and is expecting big money. I like the player, but LW is the Bruin's strongest position. I don't see them making a trade for a top 6 wing at all. I'd definitely trade Swayman, but it would be for a Center.

View attachment 500021
They’re careers right now are at opposite trajectories

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I don’t mind targeting Swayman, but IMO he’s too young in his career for me to justify paying that kind of price for. He’d get nowhere near the kind of defensive support he does in Boston.

doesnt it just make more sense for the Bruins to hide him on the taxi squad anyway? Rask is coming in old and cold, trading Swayman now doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense for them.

been mentioned on the bruins board he is not taxi squad eligible

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
That wouldn’t make sense for Boston would it. Getting a prospect that is years away.

I personally don’t think they would or should trade Swayman. I was just responding specifically to BruinsBtn who said if Sway is gone, a prospect as good as Holloway is coming back. Bourgault is every bit as good as Holloway, very mature game.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
They’re careers right now are at opposite trajectories

How is that relevant? Taylor Hall is better now and cost controlled for the next 3 seasons. Fiala could be better when he's 27ish but he's only under team control for one more season, he hasn't agreed to any contract beyond this year, and will likely be more expensive long term.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
So we trade are future goalie that’s already proven he’s ready and don’t even get a player for the future that fills a need like Bourgault..

Hmm don’t think so..

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Swayman is not going anywhere. If anything the Bruins will try to convince Linus Ullmark to waive his no movement clause. I could see them moving Ullmark and DeBrusk and perhaps Haula.
They need a second line centre as well as a left defenseman. They could also move Reilly as well.

Reactions: BergyTime37

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Swayman is not going anywhere. If anything the Bruins will try to convince Linus Ullmark to waive his no movement clause. I could see them moving Ullmark and DeBrusk and perhaps Haula.
They need a second line centre as well as a left defenseman. They could also move Reilly as well.
Ullmark holds the trump cards when it comes to any deal. Do you really even want to trade him, what if Rask does not pan out then who do we go with Swayman and Keyser? You may have to include Swayman if you really want to make a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad