GDT: Boston Bruins v New York Rangers - 2/12/13 - 730p EST - NBCSN, NESN(TV) 98.5FM(Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Just saw this on facebook:

Bruins Alumni Derek Sanderson will be signing copies of his book 'Crossing the Line' tonight before the Bruins vs. Rangers game in the Proshop at TD Garden from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rangers missing Calaghan helps but just got Girardi back.They looked good last game so Bruins better ber ready. And for heavens sake,shut that Gabby down,he the one always kills Bruins.Hit him hard thanks.:) Go Bruins.

All hands on deck. Callahan has been back with the team for 2 games now. He's playing on the 3rd line with Kreider and Miller.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
:laugh::laugh:

I actually don't mind Pierre. He has a really good knack for going on about players, coaches, refs, and front office personnel and knows basically ALL of their resumes. Kinda wish it was on NBC for that reason. Actually ya know what? I don't. Hopefully there's another game on too tonight!:)

Wait correction. it isn't on NESN, its on NBC.

You're absolutely right, Pierre is very knowledgable. One of the most knowledgable hockey guys I have ever seen on tv. The problem for me is that he is way over the top. Pierre, relax and breathe for a second. Whenever he speaks, it sounds like he is trying to hammer home every point that he is making. He also has a habit of gushing over the same thing over and over again, whether it's a player, a league mandate, chippy ice, etc. If he could just tone it down a notch or 10 I'd be able to handle him.

I hope we don't get the NBC feed on Centre Ice in Canada, although, we probably will. Speaking of over the top, Doc's "OHHHHHHHH" ever time the puck goes anywhere near the net drives me nuts. If you're into drinking games, taking a shot every time Doc says, 'Ohhhh' will get you hammered faster than an happy hour on St Patty's Day.

As for the game, I expect it to be another close one. It always is with the Rangers. Given both teams' pop gun powerplays and good penalty kill, 5 on 5 play will probably win this game. Typically, that plays to the Bruins' strength but, like I said, these to always play close one. The Rangers have a solid team top to bottom and they do a great job of blocking shots.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
The Rangers have definitely underperformed as a whole. When the Devils have a ridiculous record when half the experts picked them to miss the playoffs and the Rangers are 6-5 you definitely underperformed HOWEVER. Last year we were 5-3-3 at this time. Meaning we had 1 point more than we do now. We finished at the top of the league after 48 games. Need I remind you some team wearing black and gold came off a cup winning season and was 3-7 after 10 and 4-7 after the same 11 games played that we played this season? Finished 2nd in the east and was 2nd in the east after 48 games (hell was 1st in the league at one point earlier I believe).

Here's the problem, this Rangers team has not been the same team all season. Last time we played we stacked our top line (actually one of 2 games that worked well), had Boyle as our 3rd line center (he provides no offense, we had 2 4th lines), had useless slow as **** Mike Rupp, probably had Stu Bickel in the lineup. In one or two games due to injuries we iced a 3rd line that had Rupp-Boyle-Asham on it. That 3rd line is worse than our 4th line now. We now broke up the top line (which actually didn't work in the first game against you guys, but I think it's unfair to base anything on that because you guys had a lot less turnover than us and were more ready to start the season) and have JT Miller on the 3rd line. Now JT Miller is not Jordan Staal, but he's a talented highly touted prospect that has good offensive skill and plays a 2 way game. The difference between Boyle and him, is like the difference between Boyle and your average beer league player when it comes to offense. We also got rid of Rupp and now have Powe, who has been a very nice player for us. Our 4th line has looked good. It's early but we were a 1 line time the last time we played you guys (and actually had a good game) and now we have 3 lines that have the ability to score and our 4th line provides great hustle, forecheck, and energy (hell Asham scored last game). On defense Gilroy who has sucked his whole career is actually playing well as a #6. Stralman who people that don't watch the Rangers think he's a weak link has played great. Our top 4 is still the top 4. Frankly, the Rangers remind me most of the Bruins in the east. Good depth everywhere and good goaltending. Now a lot of guys have underachieved. Richards has been decent but not what you'd expect from him. Stepan has been mediocre. Though his line played very well last game. I think his points will come as he's playing with one of the big 3.

mghjh_zps90bed54c.gif

Just kidding. I'm a bit concerned about tonight because the Bruins have had a bit of a tough time scoring as it is and Lundqvist in general always stones the Bruins.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Because Kampfer was such a prize. :laugh:

I remember Kampfer was ******** on Boston and it's management after he got traded, saying he "demanded" one.

I think Chiarelli was happier than him that he was on a different team...

And yes, he will score. ^

N8ABZHZ.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wait is this really a 730 start at home?! I dig it. I'm a busy man this evening so I may be late to the party.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
mghjh_zps90bed54c.gif

Just kidding. I'm a bit concerned about tonight because the Bruins have had a bit of a tough time scoring as it is and Lundqvist in general always stones the Bruins.

I'm worried too. I'm pretty high on the Rangers right now, the last thing I need is another performance like I saw on opening night. That would drive me to drink (AGAIN).

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I'm worried too. I'm pretty high on the Rangers right now, the last thing I need is another performance like I saw on opening night. That would drive me to drink (AGAIN).

I like how Ranger fans come in peace to talk about the game. I actually am on the edge of my seat when we play you guys and have little to no bad blood. I can't think of a Ranger I hate.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Just saw this on facebook:

PHP:
 Bruins Alumni Derek Sanderson will be signing copies of his book 'Crossing the Line' tonight before the Bruins vs. Rangers game in the Proshop at TD Garden from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.

Oh sweet nectar , I have to read that .

it would be astronomical to speak at Dereks brain .

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So let me get this straight, NESN is going with Red Sox spring training bean bag toss with TC over Bruins pre-game?!

Perfect.

Some things never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad