Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, Leafs fans are saying that the goalie paid 3.5M/yr, and who let in only one goal in regulation is the problem, not the four forwards paid 45M(and term out the wazoo)who chipped in for one goal?

If the GM thinks the same way, the Leafs will never accomplish anything.

The goalie was fine. It was chaos around the crease before that goal, with all sorts of bodies in his sightline. The puck hit his shoulder, went off iron, and in. He stopped 29 of 30 shots, FFS, matching Swayman, and that's not good enough for you?

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Swayman vs Samsonov 4-0 clean sweep for Boston

Leafs needed Samsonov to match Swayman once, he couldn't. I hope he enjoys his new team.

Woll was 2-0 against Swayman

And Samsonov scoring ZERO goals really hurt. Any team can win in the playoffs with 1 or 2 goals max per game, right?

Maybe just maybe your untouchable heroes that are paid to score when it counts did not perform yet again?

But no - it's always the goalie's fault. Freddie Anderson was also the problem. Hmmm - seems he is still around and heading to the second round again.

I dearly hope management gives all those overpaid forwards an undeserved pass like you do and keeps rinsing and repeating for decades to come.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The loss lied on Bergeron's and Montgomery's shoulders, but Bertuzzi on the Bruins was a defensive liability on top of stupid penalties
Oh, I'm not saying anything about Bertuzzi's role in the Bruin's defeat last year. Only pointing out that what the poster said is incorrect. They said:

The Bruins avoided pissing away 3-1 series leads in back-to-back years. I just realized that there was someone who didn’t - Tyler Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi lost in round 1 two yeas in a row, but he wasn't part of a team that blew 3-1 leads in back-to-back years.

Reactions: BB79

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yes, it is.
He, at absolutely no point, said that whatsoever :laugh:

He said, although he hated to even bring it up because he was great this game, that Samsonov could have played that better.

They also went on to say Marner and Rielly played it horribly as well.

But of course, it’s always the goalies fault in the Leaf land

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The Leafs have now blown game 7 four times against Boston in 11 years, also blew a 3-1 series lead to Montreal in 2021 and a 3-2 series lead to Tampa the next year. Good lord...

I caught flack from Leaf fans for saying this about the Bruins-Florida series last year but ironically I can say it again about this series-the series was only decided by 1 goal. It was no blowout.

GG Leafs. Your team has a bright future with Woll. It would be hard for me to even blame Samsonov, he played a lot better than I thought he would. Matthews disappeared again, Nylander should be your captain. He's by far a better leader from what we saw.

Now on to get flogged by Florida
tenor-4038791505.gif

Reactions: Sentinel

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Get a goalie in the offseason that doesn’t get hurt 2 or 3 times a year.

And this core all needs to go.

Agreed, plus IMO

Fire Shanny
Fire Keefe
Buy out JT
Trade Marner
Allocate money to a world class goalie and trade/sign for one (yes easy to say hard to do, but that’s why GM’s get paid big bucks)

Others moves can and will be done, but those are the big and critical ones IMO. Leafs have talent, but rolling year after year with crap goalies and then trying to blame goalies for playoff loses is about as close to insanity as it comes. All three of the Leafs goalies sucked all year, Woll might become something if he can ever overcome his injuries but Leafs can’t bank on that. Lots of players have had careers hurt by injuries, durability in a player is as critical as skill and talent.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
We don’t care… we expect it. We overachieved all season. How many teams that lose there number one and two center and don’t replace them do what they have done?
Exactly this. Bruins fans feel they staved off blowing that 3-1 series lead again, and beat Toronto again..we're playing with house money at this point. Feeling pretty care free now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad