Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
1714882877973.gif

Reactions: dukeofjive

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Again I never said that

It’s okay to expect your goaltender to have a great game. Samsonov just isn’t good enough. That’s more the problem of the GM.

He lost all 4 games.

It would have been nice if the rest of the team was able to produce but these last couple games were tightly checked and there was not a lot of room for offense. Woll was able to get a couple wins.

It’s okay to say that Samsonov let in a couple of goals that he should have had.
Samsonov definitely is not a cup quality goaltender but he was not the reason you lost this series. You scored 12 goals in 7 games.

With that said, the reason you cannot GET a cup quality goaltender and defense is because you have so much cap space tied up into a bunch of floating forwards who cannot produce at all when a team checks them hard.

It is all linked and everybody but the Leafs seems to see this.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
lol. lmao, even.

At this point I don't even know what would resolve things for Toronto short of an act of god.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Funny enough if they didn't pay their big guys so much money they could spend more on better D and goaltending.

If you're only scoring one in playoff games, you'll struggle to win games.
No kidding.

How nuts do you have to be to see a seven game series where you hold the opponent to only 18 goals, SCORE only 12 yourself, and think that your problem is goaltending?

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
What I always hated about the Leafs, until recently, was their defensive corps. That has gotten better. Lyubushkin, Edmundson and Benoit looked quite decent to me in this series. Rielly looked a step behind mentally, holding on to the puck too long in the offensive zone and getting stripped. I seem to remember him being quicker and more decisive.
I agree, but a lot of the “good” D might be on Boston.
With Pasta obviously injured and no real #1 or #2 C they are not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I think Sammy is NOT a decent goalie...but he got the team to OT tied 1-1

At that point, it's on Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Reilly to win.

That's all you can ask of him. He did his job. Not gonna fault a bad goalie who played a great game.

Core 4 are just not that good come post season. Shanny? See ya.

Reactions: stampedingviking

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Samsonov definitely is not a cup quality goaltender but he was not the reason you lost this series. You scored 12 goals in 7 games.

With that said, the reason you cannot GET a cup quality goaltender and defense is because you have so much cap space tied up into a bunch of floating forwards who cannot produce at all when a team checks them hard.

It is all linked and everybody but the Leafs seems to see this.
I’m sure someone in the organization sees this

But they preferred to double down

And they’ll do it again for next season

Reactions: Givememoneyback

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Woll wasnt even that good this season.

well he was better than Samsonov, that's the only point I'm making

i'm not saying if any were good, there's statistical evidence that Woll has performed better than Samsonov both during the season and in the playoffs, that's all bud

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Now do his stats this series compared to the 3 other goalies that played.

He did all he could tonight, in a game he knows he wouldn't have started if Woll didn't needlessly dive across to try and stop an inconsequential goal.

Toronto's anemic offense was 100% to blame for their playoff exit. Everyone except Nylander needs a reality check.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Looked like that last play was icining. But leafs took their sweet time getting back to puck and got beat out by the Boston player.

It's a designed timing play by Boston dating back to when Krug was still with the team. All eyes on the blueliner, who rips a slapshot down the ice. A forward, usually Pasta, streaking on the opposite side, hitting the blueline in full stride as the puck crosses and hits the back stanchion and out to Pasta, who's around the circles by this point and catching the puck off the
bounce, negating the icing. Normally they do this play on the PP and not so much at 5v5.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He did all he could tonight, in a game he knows he wouldn't have started if Woll didn't needlessly dive across to try and stop an inconsequential goal.

Toronto's anemic offense was 100% to blame for their playoff exit. Everyone except Nylander needs a reality check.

Did you think the one goal he allowed in regulation was a bad goal?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
A useless goalie and an equally useless coach is what cost Toronto in this series. Again.

Samsonov let in at least one pitifully soft goal in every single game. Tonight he let in two pathetically weak goals in a 2-1 loss.

Boston’s first shot of the series was a goal and you knew the Leafs had ZERO chance with Samsonov in net. Inexplicable why Bozo the Keefe decided to start him for the first four games.

Impossible to win a seven game series with such a God-awful goalie.

IMG_1696.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad