Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It’s really unfortunate Woll got injured especially after the performance in Game 5 and 6. I think the LEafs win with Woll in net tonight. They team plays differently with Woll in net.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
One day I might feel bad for the Leafs, but that day ain't today.
Rule 57.3 of the NHL rulebook states: “If, in the opinion of the referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shot will be awarded, but a minor penalty for tripping shall be assessed.”

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
They didn't need Woll. They needed anyone but Samsonov. He lost every game this series. I said I would have started Martin Jones this game.

Then he allowed 2 bad goals on a 2-1 game.

He made a few good stops as well, the first goal was questionable but his performance overall was good enough to win if the front loaded roster showed up. And Reilly got clowned on that last goal, much more his fault than goalie. But because the only two excuses in Leafs library are refs and goalies, and in this game refs missed an obvious trip on first goal that card isn’t there.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
NHL is just a coin toss. Gazillion teams and most of them are evenly matched. In coin tosses you can get many same results in a row. Feel bad for Leaf fans. Then people try to come up with some reasons why they lost. It is just a coin toss. Just bad luck. Puck in and puck out. Would be good for league if swaggy cool zoomer Leafs would do well instead of boring boomer Bruins. Sending well wishes to Leafs Nation.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn, the goalie blaming in here is crazy when the Leaf's couldn't score more than one goal in 3 of the series games. Not to mention both goals were because the players on the ice f***ed up.

McCabe fell over for no reason and coughed up the puck leading to the first goal, and the whole team backed up into their own zone and gave up center ice for free on the second one. So much so that Rielly was standing still in his own zone puck watching while Pasta was cruising up the ice.

Two goals or less in 6/7 games isn't a recipe for playoff success, not even if you have prime Hasek in net. The players needed to be better.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
And he watched it roll right in front of him. He could’ve poked at it. Rielly looks worst being back so far and STILL getting beaten.

Either way a bad way to go
Clearly this core has not gotten it done since Shanahan came in. And Shanahan hasn't. Not going into the litany of mistakes made by the previous GM, hand picked by Shanahan. But they never got a Goalie capable of winning a series neverless a cup. I thought Samsonov played well enough to win this game. When it is game 7 one of your big boys has got to take the margin of error out so Samsonov doesn't have to be perfect. The evidence is this group core can't do it. You just have to look at how Lindholm and Pasta stepped up, and Bruins were smart to have a #1A and 1B goalie. Leafs management never addressed the Goalie position in all of Shanahan's years post Lou. This one should fall on Shanny, time he got some serious heat.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Leafs fans blaming goaltending tonight is insane. He allowed one goal in regulation. Mariners/Matthews/Tavares were playoff no shows again.

The team is literally built around four forwards, and three of them don’t produce when the pressure is on
I agree. He didn‘t look good on both goals, but if your goalie gets scored on only twice and you lose, the real issues are somewhere else.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Does it ever get tiring talking so much, yet saying so little?

You said Nylander is the equivalent of Pat Maroon and the Bruins got no advantage by missing Nylander 3 games.

Scored 3 goals in the last 2 games.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Leafs fans blaming goaltending tonight is insane. He allowed one goal in regulation. Mariners/Matthews/Tavares were playoff no shows again.

The team is literally built around four forwards, and three of them don’t produce when the pressure is on

Matthews assisted on Nylanders goal.

The OT winner, Samsonov should have played that puck or at least skate out and jump on it. It was a brain fart on his part and it unfortunately costed them the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad