Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I thought the Leafs had it in the bag when Nylander scored. Leafs were the better team tonight, their Core 4 just couldn’t capitalize on their opportunities. In extremely tight games like this is when you tops guys elevate their games.

Hello Marner? Hello Tavares?

Reactions: Bruce Granville

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe that is proper thing for the goaltender to do in a situation like that; I don't know, I'm not a goalie. But he just looked like he wasn't ready for what was about to happen and could have knocked the puck away from his crease.

But again, I could be wrong.
To be fair the whole leafs team didnt look ready for any of that play

Reactions: PainForShane

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Just a goalie away, sounds about right. It's so unlucky that the Leafs get goalied or screwed by the refs every damn time.

Not just (not even close), but a goalie would definitely be a good start this off-season.

Problem is finding one

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Boston Buins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3).

Darn.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Leafs fans blaming goaltending tonight is insane. He allowed one goal in regulation. Mariners/Matthews/Tavares were playoff no shows again.

The team is literally built around four forwards, and three of them don’t produce when the pressure is on
They scored 12 goals in 7 games but they blame goaltending LOL.

I hope they never blow this core up.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Oh, So you were banking on a shutout given the Leaf scored only a single goal tonight.
That’s not what I said. The goals against were
Can you please give us another 45 posts about how a 775k goalie being red hot is the only way for Leafs to win. Team played better in front of Woll. Maybe Woll starting changes things, it’s such a useless time to play mental gymnastics.

Maybe Marner and Reilly shouldn’t be asleep at the wheel to allow the 2nd goal. And of course a shutout is the only acceptable performance for a goalie who plays in front of a poor defense.
Well 1 is less than 2. So no I wasn’t expecting a shutout.

Leafs needed to be better in front of him. But I’m not sure why people are so insistent in defending him.

These last couple games were very tight.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Happy leafs lost but Boston is so crap. Swayman was a god.

This leafs team was fun tho. They battled hard. Now they gotta dump shanny and Marner

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Thought that was a pretty even series. Samsonov seemed to let in a soft goal per game & that really was the difference

Bruins relied on great goaltending all season & did the same this series

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Give Toronto the "we battled back 2024" banner for their arena lol.....nah leafs media and players..battling back only to lose again like the non playoff performers you always have been. Battling back from 3 to 1 down and winning like the Habs did to the Leafs a few years back....thats what its about.

Gonna be nice to watch Florida romp their way through to the ECF finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad