Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Expected result. Would've been shocked if the Leafs somehow pulled out the win. Only good thing to come out of this is hopefully the Leafs head office willing to make big changes to the team because the current squad with the current core can't get it done. So much money spent on our top guys and they can barely score when it matters the most in the playoffs. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
Leafs do it to themselves.

Needed Samsonov to win one game. He couldn’t. That final goal where he just stood there frozen when he could have easily poked the puck away is all you need to know.

Another disaster season down the drain

Congrats Boston
Blame him for games 1,2,4 if you want. Tonight, though, he played well enough for us to have won.

Our offense scored a single goal. Swayman was awesome but we're well beyond the point that every year we run into an awesome goalie. Our group just can't get it done.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
What an absolutely despicable playoff performance once again by Toronto's top guys aside from Nylander. Marner & Matthews complete ghosts after that kind of regular season. Looks like 69 rs goals can get you one goal in real games. Pathetic.
I mean the guy was injured clearly. He still came back and set up the only Leafs goal tonight.

The team is just poorly built.

Who knows what they’ll do this off season. Probably something stupid.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I mean the guy was injured clearly. He still came back and set up the only Leafs goal tonight.

The team is just poorly built.

Who knows what they’ll do this off season. Probably something stupid.
Get rid of Marner, sign Stamkos to Marner money, get the same result.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Swayman vs Samsonov 4-0 clean sweep for Boston

Leafs needed Samsonov to match Swayman once, he couldn't. I hope he enjoys his new team.
The team scored 1 goal, 1. But let's blame our goalie, not Marner making 11M for his best casper impression.

His "effort" on that overtime goal is a f***ing disgrace, his effort in every single playoffs since he was drafted is an absolute disgrace. If this f***ing loser isn't off the team before next season starts I don't think I'll watch a game until the playoffs. Just done with that clown.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The leafs have nothing to be ashamed about. They played well the last 3 games and showed a lot of guts and fight. Game 7 was a great game and could’ve gone either way. Still, as many leaf fans said, this was the worst-case scenario for them because they might just decide to “run it back” whereas had they lost in five it would have been an easy call to blow it up. Boston got gifts with no 88, no AM and no Woll and still nearly blew it. Leafs with good goaltending will be a force.

Edit: For everybody laughing all over the place, I'm a Bruins fan. Just trying to be a gracious winner. Jeez!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad