Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well, even if it takes him a couple weeks to get up to speed, now that he's signed I don't think we can expect much change in the top 4 of the Atlantic this year.

It will be interesting to see if Boston still goes with Korpi on Tuesday, I assume they will.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
This.

I don’t see how the Bruins were backed into a corner here. Swayman’s camp had to come way down from what they were rumored to be asking. The Bruins could have made him wait all year if they wanted to. Of course, they’re better off with Swayman though.
The initial ask is never the actual ask.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Are the bruins fans feelings still hurt or are they gunna support their guy. Lmao, the 'cry baby' stays put

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I knew it was gonna be 8.25, I called it the day after the presser. After Neely publicly called out the 8x8 you know Swayman wasn't signing for that. They had to give him a tiny bit more to make it look like he won and didn't cave to Neelys public pressure. That extra. 25 a year is basically an olive branch for what Neely did at that presser. At the end of the day it worked out for both sides and they can put this behind them and move on as a team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
8.25 aav for a goalie that hasn't played a full year on a declining team. What could go wrong.
Yup. Sweeny covered a lot of watts in that Bruins’ lineup. As more warts develop his great play won’t be able to cover them all. Imo the Bruins will drop another 10 points this year from last and be one of those bubble playoff teams. If they do sneak in it will be because of Swayman.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Are the bruins fans feelings still hurt or are they gunna support their guy. Lmao, the 'cry baby' stays put
He's our guy now, full support going forward from fans and the organization im sure. Everyone knows negotiations can be tough and can get contentous and test relationships but at the end of the day they're both working towards the same goal and obviously this shows the Bruins want Swayman and Swayman wants to he a Bruin long term. Time to move on

Reactions: thefutures

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Given the lack of bargaining power by Bruins, fair deal: Swayman has high potential and you’re buying his prime

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
WAY overpaid for what he's shown so far. Never been a starter and
his numbers have never been great.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Bullied into 2 million dollars after throwing a public hissy fit? The only people who don’t think Neely and the Bruins look like morons here are, coincidentally, Bruins fans.

Uhhhh no he didn’t. Unless you don’t think 2 million dollars is a lot of money

Or Swayman was bullied into taking millions less?

He was just said to be at high 8/9M x8 mark (started from 9.5) and signed a 8.25M deal

& players or their agents can cry to the media and when the team answers back it’s the teams fault?

At the end of the day they got a deal done closer to Bruins number than Swaymans number

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
It’s weird. I hate and love this deal.

It’s more than he “deserves” right now but if he continues to play like he has been he’ll be a bargain before half way through his contract. So it’s a sliding scale of a fair deal.

What this contract does is crank up the goalie market because the next hot commodity will have a comparable that got paid as an RFA with mostly just potential to go by and skipping a bridge deal.

Considering how ugly this process ended up it really could be a huge win-win contract. The Bruins have locked up their goalie of the future and his prime years for what could be a bargain contract in just 3 years. While Swayman gets an early payday and possibly set up other goalie RFA’s futures big paydays.

Seems like a great contract for both sides as long as Swayman lives up to his current standard. He doesn’t even have to perform better. He just has to be who he has been.

Of course that all changes if he proves to a flash in the pan. Bruins are taking a risk that can be super beneficial and you have to think they have a good idea what they have on their hands.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
8.25 aav for a goalie that hasn't played a full year on a declining team. What could go wrong.
Are we declining again? Lets get it over with it was supposed to happen 3-5 years ago.

I want high draft picks so we can say we have a great farm system LOLOLOLOLOLO

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
Way too much for his merits, this might fire back badly at the Bruins. Cant believe how much he got with so little games played

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Haven't been this disappointed in an ending since Evgeny Prigozhin turned his troops around. I wanted blood gosh darn it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad