GDT: Boston at DC. 5pm EST

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
The Devils might be a good team to put Cristall in against, since they rely a lot on speed. So maybe give him a look there. But I think Carbs pretty clearly dictated that teams with muscle can push him around, and his play away from the puck needs work. So they could just decide to tell him that he ahead as a great camp, accelerated his development timetable, and needs to get stronger and work on play w/o the puck

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
The Devils might be a good team to put Cristall in against, since they rely a lot on speed. So maybe give him a look there. But I think Carbs pretty clearly dictated that teams with muscle can push him around, and his play away from the puck needs work.
See, I think Carbery bringing this up as Cristall's number 1 weakness is a point in favor of Cristall. Everyone has weaknesses, and I think Carbery wants someone who is at least trying to compete but failing because he's 19 versus someone who isn't trying or someone who is trying but then does something stupid with the puck. Also, what situation will allow Cristall to more easily remedy his lack of strength: the NHL with the best strength people and a controlled number of games (via the Leo Carlsson plan) versus NHL players or juniors where he'll be playing every game in worse conditions versus weaker competition?

And who among his competition doesn't need to improve their play away from the puck?

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
decent enough game, nice to see the starting 6D and most of the F's together, guessing the D were challenged to improve

seems like more + than - for trying Cristall to start out the RS, maybe he'll excel and show he can hang with the big boys, if not he gets a taste of what level he needs to be at

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I watched Carbs' presser and came away with the impression that he was pissed at the forward group in general.
I actually was as little let down too. Our full lineup basically took on the Providence Bruins featuring Brad Marchand. They generated a ton of shots but not a lot of them felt like legitimate scoring chances. They've made some investments offensively so it's a little frustrating to see the same song and dance as last year where we can't score goals. That said, is the final pre season game, guys going through the motions so who knows if that was max effort.

Reactions: 43sfriends

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
I actually was as little let down too. Our full lineup basically took on the Providence Bruins featuring Brad Marchand. They generated a ton of shots but not a lot of them felt like legitimate scoring chances. They've made some investments offensively so it's a little frustrating to see the same song and dance as last year where we can't score goals. That said, is the final pre season game, guys going through the motions so who knows if that was max effort.
Pre season effects I hope.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad