Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Tuukka Rask signs (1 year, $1M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Heard stories that this man gave up on his previous team in the playoffs when they needed him most. Bruins need performers and that doesn't sound like a guy they need.

...sooo we’re going to act like Rask didn’t take the Bruins to the cup finals twice and that he doesn’t have a .925 save percentage and a 2.22 GAA in the playoffs?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
raskpbruins.jpg

I have a unrelated memory with Rask on the P-Bruins. This picture from the 2008 Future Watch prompted me to give Vaughn leg pads a try; Being a lemming I had been using whatever brand Brodeur was using but I didn't like the Reebok era pads as much. Nearly fifteen years later and I have five sets of Vaughn pads in my garage. [/coolstorybro]

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Good that unknown got a try-out. Hope he makes the team. I know a team in Alberta, that should have tried him out...

Reactions: TFHockey

Cloud Over Me

Dec 2, 2021
Dammit I was making a joke in the other thread and it disappeared. Now everyone else has already made the joke.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Good to see that Providence signed a PTO. I wouldnt waste cash on an unproven goalie. Let him first prove what he has before give him a 150k/oyr contract. Never know what you get with theese new faces...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Been the plan all along since his off season surgery.
Hell, he’s been practicing with the big club for weeks.

The PTO is for two reasons.
First to get some real playing time under his belt.
Second for Bruins to remain Cap and roster compliant (for now).

Swayman is waiver exempt and could be demoted later. At least on paper.
Or with now over 50 games in 100 days plus travel time they could go with all 3.
But for many months this has been the plan.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wonder if he'll go back to the Bruins or look for a team that could go on a playoff run?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad