Confirmed with Link: [BOS/TBL] Brett Connolly for 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So who will take Connolly's place? I smell a rental deal brewing. Can't believe our plan is to bring someone from the AHL at this point of the season.

Well Drouin moves up to the top 9 now, and Brown won't be sratched anymore, unless another deal for a bottom 6 is coming. Stay tuned I guess, lol.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm hoping Angelidis gets a callup at some point. If there's a trade, I actually think Chris Stewart could be a nice fit.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pass on Stewart. Hard pass.

I think it depends on the price. Big guy with skill, plus a change of scenery and playing for a contract. He could really improve his stock with us, and he brings some things to the table that this team lacks.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think it depends on the price. Big guy with skill, plus a change of scenery and playing for a contract. He could really improve his stock with us, and he brings some things to the table that this team lacks.

That dude has had plenty of changes of scenery, and is the same everywhere he goes. Not buying it.

Generally I also disagree with your and others assessment that we need these big bruiser types to be successful. I'm not going to convince you I'm right or vice versa, but Stewart is too slow to keep up with our forwards, and his token fights don't make up for his lack of effort anywhere else on the ice.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
People believe that Stewart liked it in Buffalo and wuld want to go back there in the summer so I'm going to say no to spending anything on him. If we didn't draft well in the 6th and 7th round then maybe one of those piuck max but not more, at least I wouldn't pay that.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013

Hope he can get his career going with the Bruins. Was a disappointment with the Bolts, but now has his chance to flourish.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Hope he can get his career going with the Bruins. Was a disappointment with the Bolts, but now has his chance to flourish.

He has the potential. With our depth, he was kind of the odd man out if you think about it.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Also just realized this...

From our roster in 2011, I think the only two players remaining are Hedman and Stamkos. Complete ****ing turnover.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
That is a good thing. The roster is really that much better, and with the trades. We also got a lot more physical and bigger in size.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lightning-get-help-on-defense-acquire-coburn-from-flyers-20150302/
“You are always shocked, you never want to get traded but it’s part of the business and this time of year there are decisions that need to be made,’’ said Connolly, who has 12 goals and 15 points in 50 games this season. “I’m very excited to go to an historic franchise like Boston. But I’d like to say thank you to the fans and the organization for the past four years. There have been some ups and downs but I’ve cherished my four years here, it’s been great.’’

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What we learned:

If you're a player for the Tampa Bay Lightning and you're being gifted offensive opportunities that it seems you don't deserve: BE AFRAID. It probably means Steve Yzerman is trying to trade you.

This is the third example we have.

There's a little bit of addition by subtraction here though. Drouin's going to slide up and get 3-4 extra minutes per night, which should be an improvement.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
What we learned:

If you're a player for the Tampa Bay Lightning and you're being gifted offensive opportunities that it seems you don't deserve: BE AFRAID. It probably means Steve Yzerman is trying to trade you.

There's a little bit of addition by subtraction here though. Drouin's going to slide up and get 3-4 extra minutes per night, which should be an improvement.

Agree, but I think our fourth line hurts as a result. Boyle is great, Brown is a sparkplug, but Morrow...

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What we learned:

Looking at you, Steven.....

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What we learned:

Well you have been saying that they have been trying to pump his numbers up, getting playing time with Stamkos where he was brutal up there, got PP time scored a few goals but nothing special, but in the end, it seems Yzerman got what he wanted for Connolly.

Looking at you, Steven.....

LOL, I just caught this! F'ing Brilliant dude. LOL!!!

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I really don't get why this trade happened at this point in the season. Even if Connolly was going to be moved eventually, why now? Why for draft picks? This weakens our offense and depth, so I'm just not sold on the timing of this trade. Connolly could have been useful in the playoffs. As a contender, we shouldn't be selling pieces for picks at the TDL unless we plan to flip those picks.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I really don't get why this trade happened at this point in the season. Even if Connolly was going to be moved eventually, why now? Why for draft picks? This weakens our offense and depth, so I'm just not sold on the timing of this trade. Connolly could have been useful in the playoffs. As a contender, we shouldn't be selling pieces for picks at the TDL unless we plan to flip those picks.

Braydon Coburn, Jonathan Drouin.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Agreed.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

Sort of get what you're saying but at any other time (Draft, before July 1st) I don't think anyone can reasonably expect to get 2 2nd round picks for him. Gotta be in the fray that is the TDL market as that current market is willing to "give".

Basically, after the post season all the other 29 teams have more breathing room to evaluate their needs which pretty much drives down value unless your looking for a cap dump (see Phaneuf this coming summer for an example of that last part)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad