Proposal: BOS - PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Dumoulin is an interesting trade target, but I don't love the package.

Freddy is a personal favorite of mine, so I have a hard time letting him go + the 1st is probably a little too much. I counter with swap those two out for Studnicka and a 2nd.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Man...making me think hard on a yes or no so that probably means the value is good.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The package isn't unfair, but Boston would decline.

Dumoulin, Vaakaneinen, Gryz, Reilly and Forbort at left D. Dumoulin is a clear upgrade, but not enough of an upgrade (or the right kind of upgrade) to justify either not allowing a potential top 4 in Vaakaneinen from developing or to justify having over 6 million in cap hits be scratched.

McAvoy with Vaak, Gryz or Reilly has been an effective pairing. XXX/Carlo has been the place that needs an upgrade. Don't think Dumoulin/Carlo provides enough puck movement.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dumoulin is an interesting trade target, but I don't love the package.

Freddy is a personal favorite of mine, so I have a hard time letting him go + the 1st is probably a little too much. I counter with swap those two out for Studnicka and a 2nd.

I think the Penguins only do a deal like this if it is bringing back some bite. So while I like Studnicka, wouldn’t make sense.

I was kinda basing this off the Coburn for a 1st and Gudas deal.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Uh, this seems.....pretty awful for Pittsburgh.

Dumoulin is a #2 DFD with 2 cup rings. Why is he being traded for 2 okay depth pieces and a late 1st? Hell, I don't even know if Moore is an "okay depth piece".

Swap Moore out with someone like Zboril and it seems less problematic, but I'm still pretty underwhelmed there.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
We need to lose cap at LD.

So in the offseason then? Because they shouldn't be losing any LD during the season.

Having the offseason, training camp and early regular season to groom POJ is fine with me, from a certain perspective. Totally disagree with throwing him in at the trade deadline.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Dumoulin is a #2 DFD with 2 cup rings. Why is he being traded for 2 okay depth pieces and a late 1st? Hell, I don't even know if Moore is an "okay depth piece".

Swap Moore out with someone like Zboril and it seems less problematic, but I'm still pretty underwhelmed there.

Moore likely would be LITR'd. Dumo for Frederic and a 1st would be the deal and would've give us some cap space to balance out the RD side and an asset that may allow us to move our 1st this year IMO.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm not dealing a 1st for Dumoulin, especially with only 1 year left after this one on his deal.

Pens aren't in a spot to be dealing away contributors and Bruins arent in a spot to be dealing 1st round picks for defensemen on the wrong side of 30

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Zboril is gonna be a UFA this offseason. His injuries this season means he won't meet the minimum games played. It sucks because he was finally putting it together, but I doubt he comes back to Boston to compete with Gryz, Reilly, Forbort, Vaakaneinen and Moore for three spots.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
If Boston deals a 1st it better be for a bigger piece than Dumoulin. Nothing wrong with the player but they need either a top 6RW, a #1-2C or a top pairing LHD and that 1st could be needed to bring that player in. If they don't deal the 1st this year they'll need it to help build the pantry back up.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Local guy who is a top 4 LD doesn't make sense for a team desperate at LD?
I’d say the Bruins biggest need is at center and that’s what the 1st round pick should be spent on. Dumoulin would be a great addition but not when there are bigger needs to address at the moment.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

Counterpoint - they get a 1st round pick for a player who isn't all that good and has a $4m cap hit. His cup rings have nothing to do with his play.

It doesn't really matter, these two teams won't trade with each other.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Counterpoint - they get a 1st round pick for a player who isn't all that good and has a $4m cap hit. His cup rings have nothing to do with his play.

I agree with you that I don't see this trade happening. You're mistaken if you don't think a guy that's a #2 dman with a reasonable cap hit doesn't bring back a 1st+ good prospect.

Even with Dumo a step behind his old self he's still more than desirable to any contender needing a steady minute eating dman.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I agree with you that I don't see this trade happening. You're mistaken if you don't think a guy that's a #2 dman with a reasonable cap hit doesn't bring back a 1st+ good prospect.

Even with Dumo a step behind his old self he's still more than desirable to any contender needing a steady minute eating dman.

Ya I just disagree that's who he is. He offers zero transition value and his dzone coverage is at best slightly above average. Would you give up a first for Derek Forbort? They are extremely similar players at this stage. I'd like to fire Forbort into the sun, so you have my answer.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This just reminds me of how dumb the main boards are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad