Confirmed Trade: [BOS/MIN] Vinni Lettieri and 2024 4th (110OA) for Jakub Lauko and 2024 4th (122OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I was expecting more from Lauko this season and was disappointed - his puck skills seemed worse than the previous year. But he started to pick it up the energy and hitting side of his game as the season went on and you can see he has potential to be a good, speedy 4th line checker who can get under the opposition's skin and cause some chaos around the walls and net. He wasn't going to get a shot at playing a full season here in Boston, not when there's better players in the bottom 6 blocking him from getting a shot. I hope he gets time in Minnesota. Good luck, Lauko!

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I don’t get why anyone is upset about this trade…

Lauko can’t be sent down without hitting Waiver and would have been a part of a logjam on the 4th.

Vinny L won’t even make the team, he’s just depth, it was about the pick swap

To elaborate:
Beecher, Kastelic, Boqvist, Brazeau, Merkulov in mix on 4th line

Frederic, Geekie, Poitras, Lysell, offensively minded FA in the mix for 3rd line

Pasta, Marchand, Coyle, Zacha and atleast have FA add plus one of those guys like Geekie can slide up to form top 6

TLDR - not a big loss

Reactions: DaaaaB's

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lauko gets in first on the forecheck well, but he doesn’t really contribute after the first waive. Makes penalties happen in both directions. 12/13th forward for Boston. He is certainly a clear downgrade from Dewar and Duhaime. But not going to argue that he is worse than Letierri, at least the version that was in the Boston org before.
Let's face it, this isn't an earthshaking move, just a slight win for MN because they are lacking grinders in their system. Trouble with Lettieri is that he was always a big time point producer at lower levels of hockey, but simply wasn't able to bring that with him into the NHL. Not big enough, fast enough, or mean enough to transition into a grinder.

Trading Duhaime and Dewar made no sense to me, because they had nothing to replace them. It's like they were blamed for the crappy seasons M. Johansson, Folignoo, and Freddy Gaudreau had.

• Haha
Reactions: ref19 and wintersej

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Let's face it, this isn't an earthshaking move, just a slight win for MN because they are lacking grinders in their system. Trouble with Lettieri is that he was always a big time point producer at lower levels of hockey, but simply wasn't able to bring that with him into the NHL. Not big enough, fast enough, or mean enough to transition into a grinder.

Trading Duhaime and Dewar made no sense to me, because they had nothing to replace them. It's like they were blamed for the crappy seasons M. Johansson, Folignoo, and Freddy Gaudreau had.

Yeah agree it’s a W for MN. Just trying to temper expectations for a guy the Bruins healthy scratched a bunch in the playoffs and was likely going to lost on waivers.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I mean the Bruins have the most regular season wins and 5th most playoff wins since Sweeney got the job.
I know how crazy it sounds because of especially that historic season but aside from last year. I don’t think he’s been good. I’m puzzled how we have the fifth most playoff wins. We don’t miss the playoffs but we also don’t go deep.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

No, they were FAs at the end of the season and Minnesota wasn't going to re-sign them with the amount of cap space they did have.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017

They got draft picks for guys who aren’t of value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad