Confirmed Trade: [BOS/MIN] Vinni Lettieri and 2024 4th (110OA) for Jakub Lauko and 2024 4th (122OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lauko seemed to be well regarded a year ago

I take it organization soured on him after this past year of rather underwhelming play as regular in Boston?

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022

I take it organization soured on him after this past year of rather underwhelming play as regular in Boston?
Not underwhelming at all, he was one of the most physical Bruins and brought speed and effort every shift.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

Not so much soured on him. More that they had other depth pieces ahead of him. Lauko is a speedy player who can get in on the forecheck. Some rumblings that he asked for a trade and can’t blame him. He wants more ice time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Low key thrilled as a MN fan. Lauko fills holes left by the departure of Duhaime and Dewar. We were icing a 4th line of Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw at one point...oof. Try hard guys who just aren't good enough for the NHL, except as injury call ups.

Letierri is smart, knows how to play, won't hurt you, but the quintessential AAAA player.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Nice so it sounds like Lauko is an actual NHL player. With speed and youngish.

Lettieri is your basic 4th line/AHL tweener. So don't mind move down a few spots to pick up Lauko and still get our pick in Kiviharju

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Low key thrilled as a MN fan. Lauko fills holes left by the departure of Duhaime and Dewar. We were icing a 4th line of Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw at one point...oof. Try hard guys who just aren't good enough for the NHL, except as injury call ups.

Letierri is smart, knows how to play, won't hurt you, but the quintessential AAAA player.

Lauko gets in first on the forecheck well, but he doesn’t really contribute after the first waive. Makes penalties happen in both directions. 12/13th forward for Boston. He is certainly a clear downgrade from Dewar and Duhaime. But not going to argue that he is worse than Letierri, at least the version that was in the Boston org before.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Allows Beecher to slide over to LW and Kastelic to C while keeping Lettieri at RW.

Minnesota needed a replacement for Duhaime and Lauko is it.
Letteri is definitely just scoring depth for Providence, don't think he makes the Boston roster. I think the move of Lauko frees up a roster spot to bring back Maroon for the 4th. Also not sure why they's want to move Beecher to wing when they're clearly trying to develop him as a center. Kastelic will likely be the 13th forward if he even makes the team, there's no way they're trading guys to make sure he has a spot at center.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Letteri is definitely just scoring depth for Providence, don't think he makes the Boston roster. I think the move of Lauko frees up a roster spot to bring back Maroon for the 4th. Also not sure why they's want to move Beecher to wing when they're clearly trying to develop him as a center. Kastelic will likely be the 13th forward if he even makes the team, there's no way they're trading guys to make sure he has a spot at center.
I agree Lettieri is AHL recall option if he clears waivers after TC.

Maroon should have a spot open on the 4th line, Beecher can stay at C as Kastelic can play at RW, Boston is versatile in that manner I suppose.

They have their options of a lefty or a righty taking a face off in the defensive zone with Beecher and Kastelic as both excellent in the faceoff dot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad