Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I was super confused when people were talking about the dollars, since I didn't see the number anywhere at first. Nice hiding job Bruins lol.

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
This deal actually makes pretty perfect sense in the current cap climate. 8 million is the new 6 million which is what stars but not superstars get. The top goalies will be getting 10-12 starting this year, where top 5-15 guys like Swayman will get around 8.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Bummer. Was hoping this drama could unravel the Bruins season. Shame they got it sorted

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
It’s only a slight bump from 8. It’s a solid deal for both sides. The fact it got this ugly knowing it was always gonna end in and around this number was a giant waste of time for everyone.

Haha Neely acted tougher than balls in that interview and then gets bullied by Swayman and Gross. Fantastic
Not really. It ended up being 66 million and not 64. Seems like sway and gross finally moved off their ask.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Crazy how he turned down 68 million then took 66 a few days later. Neely is on another level - totally isn't an insufferable lying douche.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It’s only a slight bump from 8. It’s a solid deal for both sides. The fact it got this ugly knowing it was always gonna end in and around this number was a giant waste of time for everyone.

Not really. It ended up being 66 million and not 64. Seems like sway and gross finally moved off their ask.
waste of time AND shows signs of major panic from Boston management. They flat out bumbled this with all the public talk and put downs they did. Now of course it's going to be sunshine and rainbows united front in public, but I bet there is some deep seated resentment on both sides here and it won't show any cracks in professionalism until some hard times hit. I can't see how these two sides can fully trust each other.

• Haha
Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Haha Neely acted tougher than balls in that interview and then gets bullied by Swayman and Gross. Fantastic
More like Swayman wouldn't budge off $9.5m all summer, then Cam Neely punched him in the face and all of a sudden he drops $1.25m in a week.

Swayman got exactly what the Bruins budgeted for him back in July when they left $8.5m in cap space on the books.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
More like Swayman wouldn't budge off $9.5m all summer, then Cam Neely punched him in the face and all of a sudden he drops $1.25m in a week.
except Neely was the on crying to media.

Neely is the player he claim swayman to be. He held out, he wasn't worth it because of injury concerns.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
waste of time AND shows signs of major panic from Boston management. They flat out bumbled this with all the public talk and put downs they did. Now of course it's going to be sunshine and rainbows united front in public, but I bet there is some deep seated resentment on both sides here and it won't show any cracks in professionalism until some hard times hit. I can't see how these two sides can fully trust each other.
This is every negotiation. This one just happened to get more public than the others.

Reactions: Bridges31

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure bettman stepped in and was like nope Boston not allowed to be a bad hockey team get this done!

Good for them to get it done haha.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
except Neely was the on crying to media.

Neely is the player he claim swayman to be. He held out, he wasn't worth it because of injury concerns.

Dude swayman's side was also complaining to the media.

Swayman f***ed the Bruins real good here.

Wouldn't be surprised if Korpisalo held more trade value than Swayman by next season.

No he didn't... Stop acting like swayman came out the winner he wasn't. He didn't get what he really wanted and caved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad