Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Elias Lindholm signs with the Bruins (7 years, $7.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Funny how Lindholm and Zadorov become fringe nhlers once they leave Vancouver

Most Canucks fans would have been accepting of a 6y x 5m aav for Zadorov, but you keep on with your preconceived notions anyway. That Brookbank poster above is notably unreliable and biased.

Lindholm, well, I wouldn't have gone over 7 for him and I think most Canucks fans are of a similar view. So best of luck to him.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Not surprised by the contract, i kinda wondered if he'd get to 8 honestly, just many C's of his caliber come available.

He'll fit well there, dont think the contract will be an issue for awhile.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Van fan here. Lindy is great... i think its a bit rich of a contract BUT if he meshes with his wingers and gets back to 70 pts + then its worth it. his play away from the puck is top tier

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
expected 8 and he got 7.75. He was probably the top C in free agency so he was always going to get paid. Like all these deals the last few years won't look pretty

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I think both contracts are rich, but are a upgrade to what we had.
Lindy is a 1B, hopefully Pasta and/or Marchy can lift him to a 1A type player.

Zadorov is an obvious improvement to Forbort, and Gryz can be replaced by Lohrei.

Only big hole I see now is a winger to take JDBs spot, but that may be solved from (hopefully) Lysell being able to jump to the bigs this year.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Fits the Boston timeline. By the time this deal's halfway done, Marchand will be too damn old anyway. This gives them a really good center to work with for their current core for a few years. Don't let the haters fool you, he's perfect for their system -- he can play any position in any situation, and won't cheat his defensive responsibilities.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I wouldn't want anything to do with that contract but it'll probably work out okayish for BOS. Lindholm can put up numbers with star wingers and he's defensively responsible. Good luck to him.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Lindholm is overpay, but Zadorov is fine, probably slightly longer term than I want to commit to him. 5 is where I expect. Bruins and Canucks swap players.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Both players fit the Bruins style so it's a good signing.

Both will be missed in Vancouver. Really liked Lindholm in the playoffs but not so much in the regular season. Loved Zadorov

Reactions: KnightofBoston

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe Pasta can carry this guy like Gaudreau and Tkachuk did in Calgary, but this guy isn't a #1 C. This is basically the Horcoff deal that the Oilers signed after their 06 cup run. A #2C who has an ok 2-way game, playing well over his head on #1C money.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This is like the reverse 2016 Louis Eriksson catastrophe contract. If he opens next season scoring on his own net...

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what happens to that Lindholm contract in 3 years. Marchand ain't getting any younger either, who is Boston going to replace him with? Lindholm and Pasta can't be your only two scoring threats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad