Proposal: Bos-Cgy-Chi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

I know left shot forwards are not an area of need. But, how many Flames have scored more goals in the playoffs than Debrusk? If I am correct, only one guy (Lucic) on the active roster has any track record for producing in the offseason.
Uh those stat choices are really skewed, JDB has played in a total of 59 playoff games, and has 26 points (7 points in his last 23). Thats 1 less game than Monahan and Gaudreau combined, they total to 40 points in 60 games.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I guess you could debate if Debrusk is better than Dube or not....that just means the Flames are bringing in a player that is debatably their 9th best forward. Once again, pretty weak effort if the Flames are going all in. I mean I like Debrusk, but I'd rather have the Flames bring an actual good player who is going to make a large impact, as opposed to yet another depth player.

If the Flames are just brining in depth players, I'd rather see them bring in a player that fills an actual need, so PP defenceman or physical RW, or even another centre.
Agreed. I think there are much better players to target than Debrusk. Unless the goal is to acquire every LHS LW in the league thereby driving up prices for that player it makes no sense for a team with 1 top 9 RHS to acquire another LHS. Especially when the lone top 9 RHS is a center.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Agreed. I think there are much better players to target than Debrusk. Unless the goal is to acquire every LHS LW in the league thereby driving up prices for that player it makes no sense for a team with 1 top 9 RHS to acquire another LHS. Especially when the lone top 9 RHS is a center.

i don’t disagree there are much better deadline acquisitions for Calgary. Personally Pavelski is target #1 for me if Dallas falls out of contention or Rakell if Anaheim falters but those are guys that will likely cost a 1st + at the deadline and I don’t think Calgary is in a position to be dealing a 1st no matter how good our start has been. The only reason I thought this made sense for Calgary is because of the cost being relatively low compared to other rentals.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
i don’t disagree there are much better deadline acquisitions for Calgary. Personally Pavelski is target #1 for me if Dallas falls out of contention or Rakell if Anaheim falters but those are guys that will likely cost a 1st + at the deadline and I don’t think Calgary is in a position to be dealing a 1st no matter how good our start has been. The only reason I thought this made sense for Calgary is because of the cost being relatively low compared to other rentals.
Yes Pavelski, Rakell, Connor Brown ect. would be better targets. I'd go after Jake if I could dump Monahan in the deal personally. I just don't think Boston goes for that. We really need to find a way to move him out or prepare to trade Tkachuk this offseason.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sucks for Chicago.

Nikolayev is not tracking well. At his age he should be producing far more at the USHL level.

A 2nd round pick is worthless as long as Mark Kelley is still employed.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Hawks Receive:
Ilya Nikolaev (Flames)
2022 Florida 2nd (Flames)

Bruins Receive:
Dylan Strome
Tyler Pitlick

Flames Receive:
Jake Debrusk
Curtis Lazar

Why:
Hawks pick up a prospect and a late 2nd for a player they have been looking to deal. Bruins flip Debrusk for Strome essentially which makes a lot of sense as a basis of a deal although I don’t think Chicago has use for Debrusk hence this 3 way deal. The Lazar for Pitlick flip is necessary to make this deal work cap wise for Calgary. Flames add more offense to their top 9 which is needed in Debrusk and then like I said the Lazar/Pitlick swap is essentially for cap purposes but Flames get back a familiar face who was popular in the room and move Pitlick who just hasn’t worked well this year.

Lines after:
Marchand,Bergeron,Pastrnak
Hall,Coyle,Smith
Haula,Strome,Foligno
Nosek,Frederic,Pitlick
Kuhlman

Gaudreau,Lindholm,Tkachuk
Coleman,Backlund,Mangiapane
Debrusk,Monohan,Dube
Lucic,Richardson,Lewis
Lazar

Good job. As a Boston fan, I'd approve.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It pleases me to see Tyler Pitlick in a trade proposal. Been so long since he was in Edmonton. If he could have stayed healthy he would have been a really special player.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's not entirely unfair TBQH, but as a Bruins fan I'm not all that thrilled with Lazar for Pitlick. I mean, we could just swap JDB for Strome straight up with Chicago, then the Blackhawks can work out whatever they want with Calgary.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
It's not entirely unfair TBQH, but as a Bruins fan I'm not all that thrilled with Lazar for Pitlick. I mean, we could just swap JDB for Strome straight up with Chicago, then the Blackhawks can work out whatever they want with Calgary.

Honestly, I’d do that too. I like DeBrusk.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Seems like both guys are in similar situations where a change of scenery could be good for them. It's been bandied about a lot since Debrusk made his trade request.

Both seem to struggle with playing defense but have offensive potential. Strome is a C which is usually more valuable but DeBrusk is the better skater. I’d say that’s about as perfect a change of scenery trade as you can get.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Personally wouldn't do it from Calgary's perspective. Lazar has been here before and he didn't really work out, Debrusk is another Left handed shot winger, we have plenty of those so I don't think he really fills a need.

But this is actually a good proposal, very well thought out for a three way deal. You don't see that around here very often

Reactions: The don godfather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad