Claimed off Waivers: [BOS] Bruins claim Jiri Patera off waivers from the Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Thanks Bruins. He didn't look very good and had a 2 year deal. And was made redundant by Lankanin

He knows the system very well, and performed well playing in it. This was a very tactical claim.
Win win then I guess. He wasn't a part of the plans after Lankenin was signed

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I will say, the B's could have gone for a Cal Petersen, Matt Murray, or any of the other likely vets to go on waivers.

It's interesting that they with with a guy who's 25 and has 8 games of NHL experience.

Trying to convey that their intent is to develop Patera?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I will say, the B's could have gone for a Cal Petersen, Matt Murray, or any of the other likely vets to go on waivers.

It's interesting that they with with a guy who's 25 and has 8 games of NHL experience.

Trying to convey that their intent is to develop Patera?
I mean what's stopping Boston from doing that? A better goalie comes up, put Patera on waivers. Boston still has plenty of contract slots open, no? So it really isn't an immediate issue if Patera isn't claimed.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Thanks Bruins. He didn't look very good and had a 2 year deal. And was made redundant by Lankanin

Win win then I guess. He wasn't a part of the plans after Lankenin was signed
It really is. Personally I think Patera was probably Vegas’ most natural goaltender last year, and why the Canucks likely gave him that contract. They obviously didn’t feel comfortable with him playing games (after having him around) though. So maybe he is just a system goalie. Which fits Boston’s system perfectly.

Be interesting to see if they claim Martin back, because they know him well. He’d just be a bandaid too though. If they’re smart, they get on the phone with Detroit and try getting Husso or Lyon. Stop playing games with coin flip guys. If they’re concerned, and they better be, about Demko, they need something better than what they currently have. Martin isn’t it and Lankinen isn’t it either.

For the first time in almost 2 years, Husso finally has his quickness back and Lyon has now performed very well for two years in a row now. He’s earned the respect. Either is a much better answer for the Canucks, and they shouldn’t have to give up much at all. What, maybe a 3rd Rounder?

Everyone involved has no clue how long Demko is gonna be out. They have to address it. As good as Silovs was in those games, he’s never shown he can consistently perform. Just go back and read what everyone said about Martin and DeSmith too. Until a goalie can show he can perform as a starter consistently, you have to assume he can’t. It’s gonna really be frustrating if goaltending destroys their season. It’s worth a 3rd Round pick to put themselves in a better spot. Worse case, they end up with a 3rd goalie, who won’t clear waivers. Compared to today? That would be a good problem to have.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
It really is. Personally I think Patera was probably Vegas’ most natural goaltender last year, and why the Canucks likely gave him that contract. They obviously didn’t feel comfortable with him playing games (after having him around) though. So maybe he is just a system goalie. Which fits Boston’s system perfectly.

Be interesting to see if they claim Martin back, because they know him well. He’d just be a bandaid too though. If they’re smart, they get on the phone with Detroit and try getting Husso or Lyon. Stop playing games with coin flip guys. If they’re concerned, and they better be, about Demko, they need something better than what they currently have. Martin isn’t it and Lankinen isn’t it either.

For the first time in almost 2 years, Husso finally has his quickness back and Lyon has now performed very well for two years in a row now. He’s earned the respect. Either is a much better answer for the Canucks, and they shouldn’t have to give up much at all. What, maybe a 3rd Rounder?

Everyone involved has no clue how long Demko is gonna be out. They have to address it. As good as Silovs was in those games, he’s never shown he can consistently perform. Just go back and read what everyone said about Martin and DeSmith too. Until a goalie can show he can perform as a starter consistently, you have to assume he can’t. It’s gonna really be frustrating if goaltending destroys their season. It’s worth a 3rd Round pick to put themselves in a better spot. Worse case, they end up with a 3rd goalie, who won’t clear waivers. Compared to today? That would be a good problem to have.
What are you talking about? Canucks did address their goaltending. The intent was to roll Demko/Silovs, then they picked up Lankinen as a stop gap until Demko is ready - who has been skating and taking shots, so his return shouldn't be too long from now. Canucks' goaltending is set. They can't and aren't going to take on sizeable caphits, and they certainly aren't going to pay for it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
hilarious how transparent and weak Boston’s management is.

Guarantee Swayman is laughing at this.
WTH is so transparent about this move. If Swayman is not signed soon then the Bruins will start the NHL season with Korpisalo as the #1 Goalie and either Bussi or DiPietro as the #2 Goalie. Whoever is not the #2 Goalie in Boston will then be the #1 Goalie in Providence and so Patera was signed to be the #2 Goalie in the AHL. So how exactly does this move make the Bruins management " transparent and weak " ???? :dunno:

Reactions: BostonBruins11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad