Salary Cap: Boring Thread Titles Are Awesome! Get Your Phil HERE! Saad Day Indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
14w3tis.jpg

Do it, JR!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If a trade happens, it happens. I've given up ever hoping for specific trades-- that's just a recipe for disappointment. Hilarious, hilarious disappointment.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Realistically speaking, Kessel probably won't happen. At the same time, it has been that way the entire time and nothing in the last day has changed that.

I kinda want the title to be "Kessel Sprong me a huge Beauner", but I don't think that would fly :laugh:

I got "ticketed" for mentioning how another East vs West thread was nothing more than a "size" comparison contest. So yeah you would be probably do well to stay clear. :laugh:

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Does anyone think adding Franson would be a good move? He played the majority of the time last year with Phaneuf - didn't that inflate his stats?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I feel obligated to clarify something, simply because I know how invested people are in all of this. My "Tuesday" deadline is actually a bit of a misspeak. I would say the self-imposed deadline is 11:59am Wednesday. The Penguins are not going to leave themselves vulnerable to entering FA without a plan.

For example: if they are giving up Maatta/Pouliot, Paul Martin immediately reenters their plans. They can't afford to make a deal post-deadline and have Martin unavailable.

I also wouldn't read too much into Cody Franson rumors.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
I feel obligated to clarify something, simply because I know how invested people are in all of this. My "Tuesday" deadline is actually a bit of a misspeak. I would say the self-imposed deadline is 11:59am Wednesday. The Penguins are not going to leave themselves vulnerable to entering FA without a plan.

For example: if they are giving up Maatta/Pouliot, Paul Martin immediately reenters their plans. They can't afford to make a deal post-deadline and have Martin unavailable.

Rather have Franson than Martin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
From the prior thread:

Originally Posted by JackFr View Post
Also I'm so ready to be disappointed when we don't get Kessel and Frolik goes off somewhere for $6M.

No one should be all that disappointed if Kessel or Frolic end up elsewhere.

If we are the ones spending the $6 million per on Frolik though ......

Which is one reason I do not mind the trade for Kessel at all if Toronto becomes reasonable with their demands. $8 million per year for what he brings is a hell of a lot better than $4 million or $5 million per year wasted on a secondary or tertiary talent who should only be getting a couple of million per year.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Same reason why the picture of Amanda Kessel was taken down. I'm not one of the "cool guys" round these parts. :nod: If certain other people had posted that title, it would still be up.

W/E. We're all waiting on trade news anyway....

Yeah, my title's have been changed before, too. [Edit]

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow

Thanks, IC!

Am I the only one that wants Martin over Franson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad