OT: Bombers Thread: Bombers down Sask. Next West Final @CGY Nov 18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Boys fought hard! Enjoyed the season.
D had a good game, oline struggled which gave Nichols happy feet. But I thought they'd adjust second half with more dump passes to Demski etc but they didn't. We can blame Nichols as he didn't play well but the Stamps shut down Harris in two short second downs which should've been gimmes, they played well give them credit. Onto next year!
I have to disagree with the Oline. I thought they were good. Nichols seemed to have time to throw but either all the receivers were covered or he just didn't see them. Tough to say honestly. But it seemed he would get through a couple reads and start to move. Once he started to move he was done. It was either the Bombers receivers were bad or their DBs were awesome. CFL camera work doesnt let us see. Either way I would like to see a couple passes chucked up to Adams deep if there is ever 1 on 1.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Today he struggled but oline also got owned by Calgary

I think the o-line did their job on pass protect sets, when pressure got to Nichols he couldn't get out of the pocket, any contact and he was ducking his head and preparing for contact.

The problem was a falling behind and chasing without a competent pass game. That meant that they couldn't do any run plays to the outside because the Calgary secondary didn't need to play deeper than 10 yards out into the flats, where 90% of Nichols' passes went.
If the Bombers had been able to stretch the field with corner routes, or even down the slot, you'd have seen more Harris and more Demsky sweeps and screens.

The offense was predictable because Nichols was inaccurate and useless for anything other than checkdowns. His managing the game is a load of shit.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I have to disagree with the Oline. I thought they were good. Nichols seemed to have time to throw but either all the receivers were covered or he just didn't see them. Tough to say honestly. But it seemed he would get through a couple reads and start to move. Once he started to move he was done. It was either the Bombers receivers were bad or their DBs were awesome. CFL camera work doesnt let us see. Either way I would like to see a couple passes chucked up to Adams deep if there is ever 1 on 1.
Gotta go deep more often for sure. Throwing it up can at least draw a penalty. It worked for them on a few occasions, some were questionable too.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Bob Irving as new BB head coach, Streveler as starting QB, Andrew Friggin Copp as backup QB ( he was after all a Michigan State high school QB)

I know you're joking, but Irving was one of the members of the media that was calling out fans for ragging on Nichols. He was behind Nichols the entire way this season.

Gotta go deep more often for sure. Throwing it up can at least draw a penalty. It worked for them on a few occasions, some were questionable too.

Even attempts at going deep keep the defense more honest, Nichols just wasn't even letting his receivers make a play in the name of "managing the game."

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the o-line did their job on pass protect sets, when pressure got to Nichols he couldn't get out of the pocket, any contact and he was ducking his head and preparing for contact.

The problem was a falling behind and chasing without a competent pass game. That meant that they couldn't do any run plays to the outside because the Calgary secondary didn't need to play deeper than 10 yards out into the flats, where 90% of Nichols' passes went.
If the Bombers had been able to stretch the field with corner routes, or even down the slot, you'd have seen more Harris and more Demsky sweeps and screens.

The offense was predictable because Nichols was inaccurate and useless for anything other than checkdowns. His managing the game is a load of ****.
Poor play calling today too. And those two second down runs up the gut where Harris got stuffed were on who? Harris? Oline? Lapp? All of the above?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I know you're joking, but Irving was one of the members of the media that was calling out fans for ragging on Nichols. He was behind Nichols the entire way this season.

I really think he didn't have the time or boys weren't getting open. Nichols wasn't good but none of the offense was.

Even attempts at going deep keep the defense more honest, Nichols just wasn't even letting his receivers make a play in the name of "managing the game."

None

Feb 22, 2012
Poor play calling today too. And those two second down runs up the gut where Harris got stuffed were on who? Harris? Oline? Lapp? All of the above?

All of the above, the weak passing game made them have to sacrifice part of the playbook that could've made the run game more effective. The runs down the gut were a consequence of not being able to run outside because the secondary was playing so low into the flats. They were giving passes to Nichols that he just wasn't making along the sidelines in favour of clogging the middle.

It would've been nice if Harris or the O-Line could've made a play out of nothing, but you can't blame them in isolation, that's my opinion.

Reactions: Mbraunm

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
(Sigh). 28 years and counting.:help:

Well, now that they're so close, you gotta be pulling for the boys to make it to 30. :sarcasm:

Another wasted year. Sip put it best. Back up the truck. Time for a regime change from the GM on down. And Calgary better f***ing win it this year. The thought of Ottawa winning it twice in only a few years of existence would sicken me almost as much as Vegas winning a cup.

Time to start the evening's drinking.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Honestly, just fold the franchise, give an expansion franchise to True North instead of this pseudo-community BS, and the Bombers will win a Grey Cup in a few years.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
All of the above, the weak passing game made them have to sacrifice part of the playbook that could've made the run game more effective. The runs down the gut were a consequence of not being able to run outside because the secondary was playing so low into the flats. They were giving passes to Nichols that he just wasn't making along the sidelines in favour of clogging the middle.

It would've been nice if Harris or the O-Line could've made a play out of nothing, but you can't blame them in isolation, that's my opinion.
I can blame them. When you don't get one yard. Both times. Excuses. It was pathetic. Can't blame Nichols on everything even when he stunk.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It amuses me that people blame Lapo for pedestrian play calling.

You put an offense together with the pieces you have, and the guy behind centre is the weakest link in the offense. Of course the play calling will go conservative.

Lapo has been saying to the media that he doesn't even choose who's behind center all season, I think that should say enough. I swear I remember TSN saying during the 6 game win streak when the media was going on the "I told ya so" spiel that Lapolice was pushing for Streveler to come in when Nichols was struggling to even throw to his own team.

I can blame them. When you don't get one yard. Both times. Excuses. It was pathetic. Can't blame Nichols on everything even when he stunk.

Then it's just something we'll disagree on.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It amuses me that people blame Lapo for pedestrian play calling.

You put an offense together with the pieces you have, and the guy behind centre is the weakest link in the offense. Of course the play calling will go conservative.
He's been way more creative all year. Today was not that. I like Lapo most days, today I'm not sure what was happening. All players executed poorly, sure. But I've seen better options all year outve him.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well no kidding it's the cfl, shelf life is short. Which players you implying?

I thinking Medlock may retire, Loeffler may move on, really think Nichols is done here, Bighill might want to give the NFL another try, Dressler will probably retire, Randle needs to go, so does Fogg, that's just of the top of my head.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I thinking Medlock may retire, Loeffler may move on, really think Nichols is done here, Bighill might want to give the NFL another try, Dressler will probably retire, Randle needs to go, so does Fogg, that's just of the top of my head.
All of those guys can go. Easily replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad