Speculation: Bold predictions for the 24-25 season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Post it here and cement your legacy in the 'I told you so' Hall of Fame.

- McDavid and Draisaitl both score 50+ goals and 130+ points.

- Nuge scores 100 points.

- Our defense ends up fine and they don't add a top four dman at the TDL.

- Nurse and Bouchard play a good chunk of the season together and do well.

- Sam O'Reilly impresses in camp and earns a few regular season games before being sent back to junior.

- Lane Pederson plays the most games for us at 4C.

- Lavoie graduates to full time NHL winger and scores 15+ goals.

- Rodrigue gets his first NHL games and impresses.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I won't give #'s, but...

• McDavid's goal scoring bounces back this year, I can see him pushing for the Rocket.
  • Both McDavid and Drai's TOI takes a step back this year. A big part of this is quality secondary scoring, primarily driven by Arvidsson.
  • I see a bounce back from Nurse after getting away from Ceci.
  • I think the kids surprise in depth roles. Kemp, Hamblin, and Philp all push for the main roster.
  • The defensive core up front of Janmark-Henrique-Brown helps anchor the team like they did in the playoffs.

Disapointments.

• Hyman's goal scoring comes back down to earth and into the mid 30's. Primarily driven by McDavid looking to score goals himself.
  • I see Skinner and Nuge both going on hot and cold streaks. With both bringing zero physicality, I can see this getting on people's nerves. RNH's defence and low salary should keep him in people's good books though.
  • I think Ekholm's age starts to catch up to him. He and Bouchard take a slight step back.
  • I think Stecher starts off the year outstandingly and is a big part of Nurse's revival, but injuries derail his second half. Overal I think injuries catch them out more than they have.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Matt Savoie impresses and earns a roster spot out of camp.

Additionally, he gets sent down for conditioning then called back up and is a mainstay for the rest of the season post-call up.

Reactions: Oilers88

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
- Emberson impresses and his cerebral, defence first approach is the perfect compliment to Nurse where Nurse can play aggressive and risky instead of confused, forming an above average 2nd pair.

- Evander Kane puts up 25 goals and 50+ points while playing a 3rd line role with Henrique and Brown

- Oilers win cup

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I see McDavid and Draisaitl with less Ice time this season because of all the forward depth McDavid 125 Points Drai 105 , Savoie makes the team out of camp, and Bouchard leads all dmen in the league in scoring the entire 3rd line having 20 g 40 plus points. The team scores a minimum of 328 Gf but goals against rise by 10-15 Team finishes 1st in the Western Conference and 2nd Overall in the league with 116 points

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
my predictions...

- Connor wins Art Ross again - 140 plus points
-Leon hits another 50/50 season (50 G/50 A)
-Oilers win presidents trophy
-Nurse bounces back , gets back to his old self, perfroms like 7.5/8 mill per year D, which is plenty good enough IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad