Proposal: Boeser for Barzal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Similar to Laine for Dubois I guess. I could see it but Vancouver has to add a bit most likely. Depends if Boeser keeps this going and Barzal keeps being stagnant

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Yeah obviously just the players dont really compare. I dont like looking up at stats only in barzal/islanders as they are not a high scoring team these lasts years thats just not the way they are built (i do think its coming to bite them now) but barzal has always been the top scorer on his team and known as pretty much the very 'main' focus point for any top defensive pairs coming. I feel like Jt miller, pettersson, horvat, hughes etc give boeser a more dynamic entourage. Like hell barzal has played lots of games with komarov.... Put barzal on a high offense team like NYR or toronto i garantee his around a ppg player. Second theres the fact that the isles would be absolutely naked in the middle and i dont know if boeser is the play driver that can create as much to replace barzal without a driving center, it just feels wrong...

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Barzal is a franchise player, Boesser is a streaky scorer of unknown ability. No deal and I'm a Leafer.

Barzal for Petersen maybe.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
This deal doesn’t make sense.

I had suggested Pettersson for Barzal in a different thread.

There is no reason for the Isles to trade away their best offensive player. Trading Barzal won’t solve the issue they had in the beginning of the season with 13 straight away games, and being hit hard by Covid afterwards. The Isles will bounce back.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Barzal has been better than boeser since their rookie years. I’m ok with this and I won’t argue this.

it will cost more than boeser alone to get Barzal. The pettersson one for one is way more realistic.

Op is not a Canuck fan. Never seen him before. Looks more like bait.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I am not understanding why Pettersson has been brought up in trade threads lately. Does he have a disagreement over how he's being used? Are Canucks fans comfortable with Miller being 1C all the time? Is Gallant's system one people don't think EP can handle?

I would understand a Barzal/Pettersson swap if both seemed unhappy but Barzal seems to love being "the man" on the Island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad