GDT: Blues vs. Ottawa| 7pm, BSMW|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
for the fourth game in a row, fast skates and forechecking prevent the blues from getting any sustained pressure. team seems avoidant of the slot and fated to take weak side shots with their approach. getting boxed out easily despite having a good forward group and the defense just seems in over it's head trying to provide both offense and defense. i pray DA can get at least one left defender, but ideally we need two. it's odd to look forward to scandella returning, but walman will make you crave it.
Walman isn’t the problem. Top pairing is. Miko can’t handle assignments and is dragging down Parayko. They have been awful during this skid.

not that Walman is great, he’s not. And if Miko were getting assignments Walman is he would be fine too. But they either need better 1LD, change deployment, or both.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
A few things about our D:
Mikkola is not ready for the role he has been given. He's in way over his head and is being exposed. Maybe in a year or two, but not now.
Walman is not good enough defensively. PERIOD.
Parayko is still not himself. He has shown improvement, but he is still struggling. He needs a solid, defensively sound partner, which we do not have.
No one is EVER going to convince me that Krug is even adequate in his own end. Yes, he is providing offense. Yes, the effort is there, but he doesn't need to prove to everyone how tough he is. He seems to be preoccupied with that lately.
Thank goodness for Faulk and Bortuzzo.
Believe it or not, I cant wait to have Scandella back.
Scandella is not spectacular at anything, but is adequate at most things. Much like Gunnarson.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Expected goals were 6-2 in favor of Ottawa. That was an absolute ass kicking on home ice by one of the worst teams in the league. If that’s not enough to snap them out of it, nothing is. Nobody came to play yesterday.

It looks more and more like this team needs a "shake-up" trade to get the out of bad habits and send a wake up call to the team. We could really use a big, strong net front forward to get some dirty goals because this team is playing way too cute right now. Shoot the damn puck more often and get greasy.

And while I love the guy, where has ROR been all season? He was our best offensive and defensive forward last season, but he's been invisible far too often this year.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I don't watch games where Binny plays anymore but I saw on my Twitter feed they were getting dunked on and the Sens 3rd goal was a softy that broke the teams back. Also saw Tarasenko got robbed when it was 2-1, wish our goaltenders would make saves like that.

If the team does not play for Husso, I may take a break from watching this team in general. The team is pretty unlikeable overall and their play lately is boring to watch. They get like 15 shots a game and have periods where they struggle to get more than a handful of them. It is not very entertaining hockey.

I still think they need to make a trade and aim for the pacific bracket in the wildcard slot so hopefully something good comes out of this streak of very subpar hockey.
I watched a lot of hockey (Blues and other teams) in November and December, but don’t want to take the time for Blues games right now. I would watch regardless of winning or losing, but don’t want to right now. Taking a break once in a while, imo, is important.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It looks more and more like this team needs a "shake-up" trade to get the out of bad habits and send a wake up call to the team. We could really use a big, strong net front forward to get some dirty goals because this team is playing way too cute right now. Shoot the damn puck more often and get greasy.

And while I love the guy, where has ROR been all season? He was our best offensive and defensive forward last season, but he's been invisible far too often this year.
I sort of agree. ROR seems disinterested and that’s not good.

I think most of us can agree that ROR is not engaged, but the reasons behind that are purely speculative. I have my thoughts on that, but better to keep them to myself.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I sort of agree. ROR seems disinterested and that’s not good.

I think most of us can agree that ROR is not engaged, but the reasons behind that are purely speculative. I have my thoughts on that, but better to keep them to myself.

Long covid? Anemia due to his vegan diet? Enquiring minds want to know!

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
Binnington had one bad month and has been playing better than Husso the last month. When are you going to get off the shit already?
Hussos stats from last month are still better what Binnington has shown in the whole season. Now he’s playing better? He’s had two quality games in the last two months.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think people don't understand just because you are higher in the standings doesn't mean it's going to be a cakewalk win every night.

Teams Ottawa has beaten this season who are in the playoffs. Florida, Tampa, Toronto, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Calgary, Edmonton.

I guess none of these teams should be a contender then.

You are right. But there are people on this board who think the Blues should never lose if they just try. They never give any credit to the other team. 100% of the time we are losing, it is always because "We have no heart" or "we don't want it enough". Its never bad puck luck, or the other team is clicking, or we are playing hurt. We either win, or we are a bunch of passengers just in it for the paycheck. Never mind the fact that two days before the same poster was talking about how we have unbreakable spirit because we happened to win that game. The Blues could have our best 12 players get injured and replaced by 1st graders playing against an All Star team of the best players from every other team and someone would say "Those damn kids are just playing for their post game juicebox. They don't care if we win".

Oh, its always the refs fault too.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
ROR is not a good captain IMO. I'd take creampuff over him for captain.

This team needs a captain that drags teammates in battles and he simply does not do that. Leader like Backes is what the team needs right now.

If Dizee was GM, we'd have a career minor leaguer in net and Backes instead of ROR as 1st line center and captain. Always right, huh? :laugh:

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If Dizee was GM, we'd have a career minor leaguer in net and Backes instead of ROR as 1st line center and captain. Always right, huh? :laugh:

To be fair we could really use a Backes in his prime.

ROR as Captain? I mean he is… got any better ideas folks? Colt’s not mean enough and I’d never give it to 91 so for those who think they know better, who on -this- roster would you give it to?

ROR owns the Conn Smythe for our win. If that doesn’t inspire his teammates to step up t I don’t want you on this team.

The only other player I could see wearing the C is Perron. That’s entirely my opinion.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

If I have to win a game, I take today's RoR over Backes at any age. You could disagree (you'd be wrong, but it's your right to be wrong). That's not the point. It doesn't matter. Backes is not an option unless you are just a serial complainer waxing nostalgic. Backes is the past. Dizee always complains when people bring up Pietrangelo. He says he is gone and people should just get over it. Well Backes is washed up, get over it.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If I have to win a game, I take today's RoR over Backes at any age. You could disagree (you'd be wrong, but it's your right to be wrong). That's not the point. It doesn't matter. Backes is not an option unless you are just a serial complainer waxing nostalgic. Backes is the past. Dizee always complains when people bring up Pietrangelo. He says he is gone and people should just get over it. Well Backes is washed up, get over it.

I meant as a player, NEVER as a C.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

ROR as Captain? I mean he is… got any better ideas folks? Colt’s not mean enough and I’d never give it to 91 so for those who think they know better, who on -this- roster would you give it to?

ROR owns the Conn Smythe for our win. If that doesn’t inspire, I don’t want you on this team.
I mean, we could really use Jbo in his prime right now over Backes.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You are right. But there are people on this board who think the Blues should never lose if they just try. They never give any credit to the other team. 100% of the time we are losing, it is always because "We have no heart" or "we don't want it enough". Its never bad puck luck, or the other team is clicking, or we are playing hurt. We either win, or we are a bunch of passengers just in it for the paycheck. Never mind the fact that two days before the same poster was talking about how we have unbreakable spirit because we happened to win that game. The Blues could have our best 12 players get injured and replaced by 1st graders playing against an All Star team of the best players from every other team and someone would say "Those damn kids are just playing for their post game juicebox. They don't care if we win".

Oh, its always the refs fault too.
Going into the past few losses.

Rangers are a damn good team and are on the rise and a playoff team.

Islanders are a amazing defensive team that kept us off the scoreboard (they have allowed the 4th lowest GA in the league, their offense just is brutal)

The Devils are a sneaky decent team that like to upset teams. Us, Avs, and the Pens are playoff teams they've beaten lately.

Ottawa is a young upcoming team finding their game and are highly under rated and their goalie is hot right now with a 2.69 GAA and a .921 Save%

Blues have also played in 12 games 27 days with a lot of travel. Fatigue is a very real thing and could definitely be a factor of players looking "lazy" or "disinterested

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I mean, we could really use Jbo in his prime right now over Backes.

I was responding to the comment, nothing more. There were moments where JayBo looked done and I was a huge detractor of his at one point. I look at the players who won the Cup and if I had to pick one to 'bring back', it'd be Pat Maroon. This team really needs someone to call them out and bring them together and it doesn't look like anyone with a letter is doing that, at least from where I'm sitting.

This team has a ton of skills that are not being capitalized on. When we're on, we beat everyone and anyone. Springfield came up with some of their roster and owned the building and I'm wondering if maybe our solutions are not outside the organization but downstairs. Mind that this team proudly defies logic, just look at the Cup win. When we say can't or don't might be the time we should probably say 'let's try it'. We won a Cup just by doing that.

That resolve I saw from our Cup win to early-mid this season seems to be waning off and I don't get why. We'll see next game how they respond, the one thing I know about this team is how bipolar they are and how the stats defy how well they can do.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Going into the past few losses.

Rangers are a damn good team and are on the rise and a playoff team.

Islanders are a amazing defensive team that kept us off the scoreboard (they have allowed the 4th lowest GA in the league, their offense just is brutal)

The Devils are a sneaky decent team that like to upset teams. Us, Avs, and the Pens are playoff teams they've beaten lately.

Ottawa is a young upcoming team finding their game and are highly under rated and their goalie is hot right now with a 2.69 GAA and a .921 Save%

Blues have also played in 12 games 27 days with a lot of travel. Fatigue is a very real thing and could definitely be a factor of players looking "lazy" or "disinterested

You're probably right. I'd just like to see more fight in our dog.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

ROR owns the Conn Smythe for our win. If that doesn’t inspire his teammates to step up t I don’t want you on this team.

The only other player I could see wearing the C is Perron. That’s entirely my opinion.
I’m not anti-ROR as captain and I think who wears the c tends to be overrated. But if he were not captain I think best choice would clearly be either Schenn or Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad