Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's gone, now hopefully we can get a great return. Need good futures, ideally a future piece that can make an immediate impact.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
This trade could go a long way into helping me believe in Army again.

I feel like he's making the right decisions with all of the UFA's so far, go ahead and let them test the market. As solid as Upshall was, he really is only worth 700-850k. I also was not as impressed with Brodziak as most on here were. He was a solid 4th C, but it's not worth paying him more then what he was making last year. I'm pretty sure if he's looking to UFA he wants a raise, which is his right. But I'm not interested in our team giving him one.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah, that sounds like a way to say he's going to be moved without saying he's going to be moved. He expressed that we'd love to keep him(which isn't a lie by any means) as to say we know he's a good player, but he's definitely on the table. He's as good as gone at this point, which is both sad and exciting. I love Shatty, but we just can't afford to have so much money tied up in the right side of our D. I'm really hoping a young center is returning, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a youngish(24-27) mid pairing LHD as the main piece. JBo-Gunnar-Edmundson is not a particularly good set of LHDs, especially if Eddy plays like he did in the playoffs. Having better balance on the back end would certainly be beneficial.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
This trade could go a long way into helping me believe in Army again.

I feel like he's making the right decisions with all of the UFA's so far, go ahead and let them test the market. As solid as Upshall was, he really is only worth 700-850k. I also was not as impressed with Brodziak as most on here were. He was a solid 4th C, but it's not worth paying him more then what he was making last year. I'm pretty sure if he's looking to UFA he wants a raise, which is his right. But I'm not interested in our team giving him one.

One thing you have to keep in mind with Brodziak is that if neither Backes or Ott returns we have a pretty big hole in our PK. Sobotka, if he returns, will fill some of that hole, but Brodziak was fine for the role he was given. I'd give him $1M-$1.1M without batting an eye. If he's looking for much more than that, I'd look elsewhere.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I really hope Yandle signs with Florida. Take another suitor off the market. They could have been a partner for us but I don't consider Bjugstad or anyone like that to really be good enough or what we need.

Boston is really going to need Shattenkirk if that happens.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Bah, take Shattenkirk off the market. Rangers fan confirmed via Dater and a ranger tire pumping site that Shattenkirk is all but destined to be a a Ranger.

Sorry but if I was Shattenkirk, that team is becoming less appealing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Shattenkirk for the 4th and then Shattenkirk resigning to a new deal in Edmonton would be the best offseason present. Both have been so damn obnoxious with this twittersphere crap.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
The "hometown scenario" is so overblown on these forums, it's exhausting. Sure Stastny did it, but he was also signing with a contender.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I hope something happens with Shattenkirk soon so Rangers fans can cry themselves to sleep. For now at least.

I just want a team to get desperate. Edmonton and Boston are both definitely possible for that to happen.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The "hometown scenario" is so overblown on these forums, it's exhausting. Sure Stastny did it, but he was also signing with a contender.

I bet Stastny's probably the first to tell him it's overblown...hometown has that cross ready to go.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Part of me does want to see Shattenkirk go to the Rangers, just so they can see how dumb their Corsi argument is.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If it's Boston im hoping we land both their firsts, i want an overpayment:

Shatty and 59

for

Spooner 14 and 29

I guess im just not a huge fan of Spooner, so hoping for both 1sts :naughty:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'll be pretty meh if he goes to Boston. The 14th is all I'll be interested in. Spooner is just so what we already have...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll be pretty meh if he goes to Boston. The 14th is all I'll be interested in. Spooner is just so what we already have...

Not really though. He gives us speed up the middle and a different kind of a playmaker. I'm not the biggest Spooner fan, but 14th+Spooner is a solid start.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Spooner would be a bad fit in my opinion. Small forward, awful defensively and lacks strength.
I really don't see anything Boston could offer for Shattenkirk that entices me. 14th? Okay, nice piece but not enough.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not really though. He gives us speed up the middle and a different kind of a playmaker. I'm not the biggest Spooner fan, but 14th+Spooner is a solid start.

Slide Fabbri over.

Don't get me wrong, if it's the best deal available, it's not the end of the world. I just wasn't impressed when I saw him. Who knows..Boston may get desperate now that Yandle may not be available.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
I'd much rather get roster players, or a big piece like Drasaitl than draft picks. We should be in win-now mode.

Drasaitl ain't happening, IMO. Very few roster players that fit the criteria (age, salary, & fills a need) seem to be available.

I expect a young roster player/nhl ready prospect plus a pick. I want that pick to be 2016, not 2017.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Spooner would be a bad fit in my opinion. Small forward, awful defensively and lacks strength.
I really don't see anything Boston could offer for Shattenkirk that entices me. 14th? Okay, nice piece but not enough.

Karlsson would definitely interest me...I'd like to see them work a deal around him for Shatty.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'd much rather get roster players, or a big piece like Drasaitl than draft picks. We should be in win-now mode.

Most commenters I've seen who have compared Draisaitl to Dubois (who would likely be available at #4) like Dubois better. You'd be much more likely to get the #4 out of EDM at this point than Draisaitl.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Spooner and Marchand were the only players on Boston that scored at a 1st line pace in primary points per 60. And he was playing 3rd line with guys like Jimmy Hayes.

At only 24, he certainly has some skill. I'm not saying it'd be an amazing deal, but there's some potential there, and the Blues could probably do worse.

Of course if a deal like that happened, we would need to keep one of our big guys (Backes/Brouwer) and keep the rest of the lineup pretty beefy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad