Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’d be down with Dillon or Greene(@ 50% retained) if we’re adding another LHD.

Greene would likely waive his NTC since he’s still searching for a Cup, and Dillon would add some extra size and toughness to our team.

Despite having two different types of styles of play, both would be pretty solid adds to replace Bo.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I’d be down with Dillon or Greene(@ 50% retained) if we’re adding another LHD.

Greene would likely waive his NTC since he’s still searching for a Cup, and Dillon would add some extra size and toughness to our team.

Despite having two different types of styles of play, both would be pretty solid adds to replace Bo.
I am really warming up to the idea of acquiring Dillon. Greene on the other hand, smallish PMD ... meh. After the Faulk debacle (yes, you read that right!) I am a little hesitant to add that kind of defenseman. We have enough offense (or at least we should have!) in Dunn, Faulk and Pietrangelo. I would like a big defensive player who can help on the PK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girth Butcher

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
If the ask on Dillon is reasonable, I'd be interested.

I think he will be a hot commodity at the TDL

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I am really warming up to the idea of acquiring Dillon. Greene on the other hand, smallish PMD ... meh. After the Faulk debacle (yes, you read that right!) I am a little hesitant to add that kind of defenseman. We have enough offense (or at least we should have!) in Dunn, Faulk and Pietrangelo. I would like a big defensive player who can help on the PK.

Greene has played the most minutes in the league on the PK

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
MDZ would bring Cup winning experience.
:laugh:...that....is true.
Greene has played the most minutes in the league on the PK
is that due to personal or is he actually good? Dont watch any NJ games.

I do think the defense needs to get sorted out. Run Mikko for some games, sink or swim. If it's not looking good, pull the trigger on a guy like Dillon. He fits out model well.

The forwards.....they've been scoring but we just cant keep the puck out of our net. I'd hate to see DA expend assets on defense and forwards.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I say keep the Foward group there way it is just wait for Tarasenko and Sunny to get back.

Run something like.

Sanford-RoR-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Blais/Steen/Tarasenko
Bozak-Thomas-Tarasenko/Steen/Blais
Barbie-Sunny-Blais/Steen
Extra:Kyrou, MacMac
AHL:Brouwer, DLR

Our biggest hole now is the big minute eating LHD which I think Dillon is probably the best pickup. Especially with how his cap hit is almost identical to JBo's (3.27 vs 3.25). Plus it looks like Sharks fans are only looking at a 2nd and a b or c prospect. I also dont trust Boom Boom's health one bit, and Bortz hasn't looked good from the last few games I seen him in.

Dillon-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Extra: Gunner, Bortz

You can Flip Gunner and Brotz in and out as needed.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I say keep the Foward group there way it is just wait for Tarasenko and Sunny to get back.

Run something like.

Sanford-RoR-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Blais/Steen/Tarasenko
Bozak-Thomas-Tarasenko/Steen/Blais
Barbie-Sunny-Blais/Steen
Extra:Kyrou, MacMac
AHL:Brouwer, DLR

Our biggest hole now is the big minute eating LHD which I think Dillon is probably the best pickup. Especially with how his cap hit is almost identical to JBo's (3.27 vs 3.25). Plus it looks like Sharks fans are only looking at a 2nd and a b or c prospect. I also dont trust Boom Boom's health one bit, and Bortz hasn't looked good from the last few games I seen him in.

Dillon-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Extra: Gunner, Bortz

You can Flip Gunner and Brotz in and out as needed.

I disagree that Dillon's best deployment would be with Petro, we've been sorely lacking an effective shutdown pairing with the rotating pairings.

I'd really like to try Dillon alongside Parayko in an attempt to recreate the success of the JBo Parayko pairing last year.

I'm not optimistic we'll see JBo back on the ice playing for us after the incident in Anaheim.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I was chatting with my buddy at work today he mentioned with Bouwmeester out that he thinks the Blues should get Marco Scandella. He is a LHD and a UFA at the end of the year. Has good peripheral stats. I think he would be a solid and fairly cheap pick up.

I would still give Mikkola a shot in the lineup

I would take a flyer on Dillon he would be a perfect with Petro.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
With them not playing Mikkola at all, I'd imagine theyll go the trade route to address Boumeester's absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway