Schwartz-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Burakovsky-Beniers-Eberle
McCann-Gourde-Tanev
Sprong-Wright-Geekie

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Schultz
Soucy-Borgen

Grubauer/Jones

Parayko's 500th game tonight. Enjoy the little bits of Blues hockey the NHL is gracious enough to provide to us once every 4/5 days.

giphy.gif

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
It's ridiculous that other most other teams have played at least 3 games and some are at 4-5 while we have only played 1

Reactions: Klank Loves You

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Finally a game.

Looks like Buchnevich left practice early after not skating the other day. Would rather hold him out to not risk anything, and let Leivo make his debut.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Finally a game.

Looks like Buchnevich left practice early after not skating the other day. Would rather hold him out to not risk anything, and let Leivo make his debut.
Agreed.

He left today’s morning skate early. If he can’t get through the morning skate, just let him rest up and let the healthy guy play.

Looking forward to seeing what Leivo can do. Should have some quality linemates too if they put him in the lineup.

Also looking forward seeing Matty Berniers. He’s my pick for the Calder this season.

And will be good to see Schwartzy again.

Ok last thing - also looking forward to taking advantage of their D. Their forward group isn’t all too bad but if Vince Dunn is on your 1st pairing, you’re likely going to get your head caved in most nights…

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Agreed.

He left today’s morning skate early. If he can’t get through the morning skate, just let him rest up and let the healthy guy play.

Looking forward to seeing what Leivo can do. Should have some quality linemates too if they put him in the lineup.

Also looking forward seeing Matty Berniers. He’s my pick for the Calder this season.

And will be good to see Schwartzy again.

Ok last thing - also looking forward to taking advantage of their D. Their forward group isn’t all too bad but if Vince Dunn is on your 1st pairing, you’re likely going to get your head caved in most nights…
i don't understand their D pairings. Dunn is their worst LD. Would think Soucy or Oleksiak would be on top pair?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
i don't understand their D pairings. Dunn is their worst LD. Would think Soucy or Oleksiak would be on top pair?
None of them are top pair quality, and there pairs are setup to balance a puck-mover/offensive type with a more defensive type. You could easily argue they are all 3rd pairing quality guys, and that's life as a recent expansion team, with Vegas being the exception.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
When it says espn+ or TNT does that mean just the normal channel or is it like TNT #13 or some weird shit? I just want to look for TNT and be done with it.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
When it says espn+ or TNT does that mean just the normal channel or is it like TNT #13 or some weird shit? I just want to look for TNT and be done with it.
Just look for TNT and be done with it.

Although there’s an East coast game before so I wouldn’t be surprised if we either miss the start of the Blues game or it starts on some other channel and then switches back.

Or it starts at “9” but really starts at 9:20…

Reactions: Xerloris

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Just look for TNT and be done with it.

Although there’s an East coast game before so I wouldn’t be surprised if the we either miss the start of the Blues game or it starts on some other channel and then switches back.

Or starts at “9” but really starts at 9:20…

Thanks

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Their forward group isn’t all too bad but if Vince Dunn is on your 1st pairing, you’re likely going to get your head caved in most nights…
They really bought the Vince Dunn Advanced Stats hook line and sinker when they decided to make him one of their cornerstone picks. They were convinced he could be a top 4 defenseman but it was the Blues not giving him the chance.

Reactions: finnishflash13

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
None of them are top pair quality, and there pairs are setup to balance a puck-mover/offensive type with a more defensive type. You could easily argue they are all 3rd pairing quality guys, and that's life as a recent expansion team, with Vegas being the exception.
None are top pair quality, but the other 2 at least seem like 2nd pair guys. Dunn is 3rd pair quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad