Half-Assed GDT: Blues-Jackets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Big game for Kapanen, Tucker, and Perunovich. Could be running out of time to prove they're worthy of an NHL roster spot.
Well after the 1st Period I would report that Perunovich and Tucker were complete ass and other than a really nice hit, Kapanen was ok. I think he's the 14th forward until Sunny is ready.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Well I think this game has pretty much cemented our roster IMO. None of the tweener have showed me anything special.

Only decisions left I feel is Walker or Kap as extra forward (Please pick Walker) once Sunny is back and if Bolduc can stay with NHL through beginning of season or not (depending on the Saad situation).

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Texier has made a few good plays. Honestly that Texier-Walker-Torp line has probably been our best tonight, which is a pretty terrible sign.

Bolduc has been pretty invisible his last 2 games, which is concerning. Was hoping he'd show a bit more.

The Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou line has been atrocious. Just awful passing for three periods outside of that PPG. Buchnevich has been terrible too.

That was a waste of 2.5 hours of my life.

Last edited:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I was told the Blues got faster and heavier, more physical….

Holloway is the only speed I have seen added. I definitely don’t see a more physical team.

This team is extremely hard to watch. I guess they could all flip a switch when it counts, but…. somehow I doubt it

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I didn't expect us to be particularly good this season, but I thought we would play to an identity that would make us tough to play against. Based on what we have shown so far it looks like I'm 1/2 right. We don't look to be particularly good.

• Haha
Reactions: taylord22

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Is Bannister going to be a good coach? So far in the preseason he doesn’t seem to be able to get the team to play hard. I feel like they have been outplayed every game. They can’t afford to start the season in a hole by coming out flat.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
1727840146120.png

Gross.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
Dear God is this really how we are going to play again this season? Just bunkering down and hoping our goaltending saves us? No movement and no supporting each other in the offensive zone. Losing every board battle. Getting shots and passes constantly blocked because the other team knows exactly what we are trying. We added some interesting talent yet somehow it looks like the same thing as last year. Gross.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Guys, it's the pre-season...let's step back from the ledge lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad