Proposal: Blues - isles

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Making a block buster proposal as my first post on this forum will probably be kinda embarrassing but

Isles prove they are for real
Blues get a big kick start to their rebuild/retool

To the blues
Bellows wahlstrom or dal colle
Isles first 2019
Flames second 2019
Sebastian Aho
conditional 2020 1st if either player resigns
Linus soderstrom

To the isles
Schenn
Pietrangelo

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'd much rather go after Tarasenko or Parayko if we're making an "all-in" trade with the Blues.

With the strong possibility Schenn & Pietrangelo will leave when their contracts expire, seeing as they owe nothing to the Islanders, this is far too risky. If I'm packaging top prospects like Wahlstrom with 2 unprotected 1sts, it's Tarasenko or bust.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I'd much rather go after Tarasenko or Parayko if we're making an "all-in" trade with the Blues.

With the strong possibility Schenn & Pietrangelo will leave when their contracts expire, seeing as they owe nothing to the Islanders, this is far too risky. If I'm packaging top prospects like Wahlstrom with 2 unprotected 1sts, it's Tarasenko or bust.

Isles holes are at center and defense
And if neither resign it’s one first, not 2

This would make the isles forward lines some thing like

Beau - barzal - bailey
Lee - schenn - eberle
Nelson - filpulla - hosang
Martin - cizikas - komarov
And I think that potentially improves them more than taresenko taking either of the top 6 left wing spots

I Also think parayko will be the one that stays and the blues really build around going forward

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Isles holes are at center and defense
And if neither resign it’s one first, not 2

I Also think parayko will be the one that stays and the blues really build around going forward

We can't afford to make the next Matt Duchene trade. A mediocre team deciding they need to steeply overpay in future assets for a guy (or in this case two guys) that can leave in 1.5 years because they're too stubborn to stay the course.

Every year, fans want to push all our chips in.
Every year, trade the farm for help now.
Every year, massacre any chance we have of competing in the future to improve the team right now.
Every year, I'm happy we didn't trade Barzal++++ for Duchene or the Noah Dobson 1st rounder for Jimmy Howard.

You want to go all-in? You go all-in for Tarasenko or Parayko, because they have fantastic contracts with term and won't spend the entirety of next season distracting this team with a "will Pietrangelo re-sign with the Islanders?"

Reactions: IODCPiper

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
We can't afford to make the next Matt Duchene trade. A mediocre team deciding they need to steeply overpay in future assets for a guy (or in this case two guys) that can leave in 1.5 years because they're too stubborn to stay the course.

Every year, fans want to push all our chips in.
Every year, trade the farm for help now.
Every year, massacre any chance we have of competing in the future to improve the team right now.
Every year, I'm happy we didn't trade Barzal++++ for Duchene or the Noah Dobson 1st rounder for Jimmy Howard.

You want to go all-in? You go all-in for Tarasenko or Parayko, because they have fantastic contracts with term and won't spend the entirety of next season distracting this team with a "will Pietrangelo re-sign with the Islanders?"
The OP's offer is hardly going "all in"

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

scottawa

Apr 21, 2016

I totally agree. If the Isles could make a package for Tarasenko and shed some cap space in the process, they could and should go after Panarin and Bobrovsky(If he decides to go to free agency) in the offseason. Get a Russian connection thing going down in Brooklyn.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I totally agree. If the Isles could make a package for Tarasenko and shed some cap space in the process, they could and should go after Panarin and Bobrovsky(If he decides to go to free agency) in the offseason. Get a Russian connection thing going down in Brooklyn.
Taresenko has to be the most over rated player in the league
no interest in bob what so ever
they won’t be in Brooklyn for long

Reactions: IODCPiper

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The OP's offer is hardly going "all in"

I don't think you understand the phrase in this context.

The phrase is going "all-in" because you're staking all your chips on this one hand. It doesn't mean we're offering you Barzal, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bellows, Wilde, Sorokin, 20 unprotected 1st round picks, and literally anything else you want in the Islander organization.

It means you're making a concentrated effort to win (the Cup) right now. Instead of retaining your chips, staying in the game, and waiting until you have a better hand. You're putting significant future assets (Wahlstrom, potentially two unprotected 1sts, 2nd, ++) on the table because you believe the Islanders can win the Cup either this year or next year, with Pietrangelo + Schenn added of course.

If you don't win the Cup either of those years, if like Ottawa the addition of Duchene for future assets does not propel your team to a top contender, you've lost the hand. One of those other contenders with far stronger cards takes home the Cup, and all the Islanders do is send their chips to St. Louis.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I don't think you understand the phrase in this context.

The phrase is going "all-in" because you're staking all your chips on this one hand. It doesn't mean we're offering you Barzal, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bellows, Wilde, Sorokin, 20 unprotected 1st round picks, and literally anything else you want in the Islander organization.

It means you're making a concentrated effort to win (the Cup) right now. Instead of retaining your chips, staying in the game, and waiting until you have a better hand. You're putting significant future assets (Wahlstrom, potentially two unprotected 1sts, 2nd, ++) on the table because you believe the Islanders can win the Cup either this year or next year, with Pietrangelo + Schenn added of course.

If you don't win the Cup either of those years, if like Ottawa the addition of Duchene for future assets does not propel your team to a top contender, you've lost the hand. One of those other contenders with far stronger cards takes home the Cup, and all the Islanders do is send their chips to St. Louis.
OP is asking for two of the Blues stars and he's not offering up the top prospect ?
Never mind a roster player
Have to believe if the Blues are shipping those two out, they are entering a rebuilding/tool stage

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
OP is asking for two of the Blues stars and he's not offering up the top prospect ?
Never mind a roster player
Have to believe if the Blues are shipping those two out, they are entering a rebuilding/tool stage

If the Blues are shipping those two out, ship them to someone willing to pay such high prices for potentially 1.5 seasons of either player.

Problem is, their 1st round picks are very likely to be in the 25-31 range, while our unprotected 1sts have the chance of being much, much higher. Their top prospects don't quite have the potential Wahlstrom and/or Dobson do. That's the reason Colorado fans eagerly cheer for every Ottawa loss: I doubt they'd be as optimistic if they had moved Duchene to Nashville for their unprotected 2019 1st.

If you want our 1sts, our top prospects, it'll be as part of a package for Tarasenko or Parayko. If you want to move Pietrangelo, see how many late 1sts Toronto is willing to trade with Liljegren to solve their RHD issues.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Making a block buster proposal as my first post on this forum will probably be kinda embarrassing but

Isles prove they are for real
Blues get a big kick start to their rebuild/retool

To the blues
Bellows wahlstrom or dal colle
Isles first 2019
Flames second 2019
Sebastian Aho
conditional 2020 1st if either player resigns
Linus soderstrom

To the isles
Schenn
Pietrangelo
Lot of quantity and not much quality. Law of diminishing return really applies here.

Dal Colle doesn’t have a ton of value.

I may have been reading it wrong, but is it Bellows + Whalstrom/Dal Colle or 1 of those 3.

STL is just getting futures a none that rock the boat at this point.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Islanders
Schenn

Blues
Bellows
Dobson
1st 2020

If Petro is trades it will be the Leafs where he will sign extension and get
Nylander and Sandin 1st Rd

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I don't think there's any chance we ever move petro, but hypothetically speaking if were moving schenn and petro. I think Dobson, wahlstrom + 1st would be the starting point.

Again zero interest from myself as a blues fan, but imo that's where it'd at least start.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think there's any chance we ever move petro, but hypothetically speaking if were moving schenn and petro. I think Dobson, wahlstrom + 1st would be the starting point.

Again zero interest from myself as a blues fan, but imo that's where it'd at least start.
And it would be the ending point as well.
Best of luck finding three future assets as strong as Dobson, Wahsltrom + NYI 1st from another NHL team.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If we decide to rebuild. That could possibly be suitable as a return for Pietrangelo If you take out Aho. I just don’t see Pietro realistically being moved

MDC is sort of just a throw in piece at this point honestly. I could see maybe a Schmaltz for MDC if the two teams feel a need to move either due to waivers etc.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
And it would be the ending point as well.
Best of luck finding three future assets as strong as Dobson, Wahsltrom + NYI 1st from another NHL team.

For a #1 D in his prime and a 65+ pt Center in the middle of his prime, I don't think it'd be that tough, especially if it's a purely futures deal and no off ice factors like attitude/refusal to sign etc... effect any of the return.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I just really want Ryan O’Rielly. Is that too much to ask for? He’d be perfect under Trotz.

Serious question for STL fans. I look at the roster and you guys are a deep and talented team. What’s the problem?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I just really want Ryan O’Rielly. Is that too much to ask for? He’d be perfect under Trotz.

Serious question for STL fans. I look at the roster and you guys are a deep and talented team. What’s the problem?

Consistency. We have the ability to dominate every team for a period or two every game. Then a fluke goal or a bad goal on Allen happens and the team folds and gets blown out. This coupled with a new implementation of m2m defense at the beginning of the year hasn’t helped

Reactions: SI90

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
For a #1 D in his prime and a 65+ pt Center in the middle of his prime, I don't think it'd be that tough, especially if it's a purely futures deal and no off ice factors like attitude/refusal to sign etc... effect any of the return.

It's much easier to say "I don't think it'd be that tough" on the internet than actually getting another team to trade three elite bluechip assets for guys who can leave in 1.5 seasons. Very few teams have the prospect cabinet we do. Especially the teams that will be looking to add guys like Pietrangelo or Schenn as the missing piece for a Cup run.

"Dobson + Wahlstrom + 1st" =/= "Another team's top F prospect + Another team's top D prospect + Another team's 1st". Decent chance you'll get the latter via trade but it simply won't be as valuable.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018

Ryan o Reilly

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad