Half-Assed GDT: Blues - Hawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I really thought that at first, but I think it's just as likely he was trying to pass to the left point.
That's what I thought was possible at first but now disagree after watching a couple slo-mo angles.

Bolduc had his head up the whole way and the hawks player in the slot had his stick in the lane. If Bolduc had wanted to get the puck to Schenn, his best bet would have been to try to sauce it thru, but instead Bolduc throws the puck hard along the ice right at the dman's skate. And the dman's skate was pretty stationary, it's not like he moved it last second to try to black the pass, it was sitting in one place for a second or two and Bolduc threw the puck right at it...

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
That's what I thought was possible at first but now disagree after watching a couple slo-mo angles.

Bolduc had his head up the whole way and the hawks player in the slot had his stick in the lane. If Bolduc had wanted to get the puck to Schenn, his best bet would have been to try to sauce it thru, but instead Bolduc throws the puck hard along the ice right at the dman's skate. And the dman's skate was pretty stationary, it's not like he moved it last second to try to black the pass, it was sitting in one place for a second or two and Bolduc threw the puck right at it...

Yea, I still definitely think it's possible, I'm just not convinced either way. Dude looked very good regardless.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Really wish Kostin would get some better linemates to play with like they've done for Neighbours. I know some don't seem to like him at all but he's still got good potential. He brings a physical game that nobody else on this forward group can bring. He's a very valuable piece, imo.
Neighbours will go down. Idk is it AHL or juniors. He won't stay with club. Kostin will.

I don't believe we will sign Neal or Frolik. We have enough depth for bottom 9 role.

Same goes with Perunovich. I don't see any reason keeping him on team. Maybe play him 8 games and send to juniors develope.

He will be our Krug and better in few years and finally we can dump out Krug and his contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Liut

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Neighbours will go down. Idk is it AHL or juniors. He won't stay with club. Kostin will.

I don't believe we will sign Neal or Frolik. We have enough depth for bottom 9 role.

Same goes with Perunovich. I don't see any reason keeping him on team. Maybe play him 8 games and send to juniors develope.

He will be our Krug and better in few years and finally we can dump out Krug and his contract.
Neighbours can't be sent to AHL. It's either Blues or he spends season in WHL.

Perunovich isn't going to juniors after playing 3 college years and winning Hobey Baker trophy as best player in country. He will be in St. Louis or in minors.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Neighbours can't be sent to AHL. It's either Blues or he spends season in WHL.

Perunovich isn't going to juniors after playing 3 college years and winning Hobey Baker trophy as best player in country. He will be in St. Louis or in minors.
Well Neighbours go WHL for year, can he join AHL squad be next season?

I think it would benefit Perunovich play AHL +20 A/TOI vs in Blues and only half of that.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Well Neighbours go WHL for year, can he join AHL squad be next season?

I think it would benefit Perunovich play AHL +20 A/TOI vs in Blues and only half of that.

if we send him back, Neighbours can join AHL (or Blues) after his jr season ends. Next year no restrictions.

And not sure why you think Perunovich would play so little in St. Louis. Or why he would benefit more playing against lesser players. How much AHL time did Fox or Hughes or Makar play after they left college? He is 23. He is ready. He will make mistakes but that is how he will learn. With any luck, by Christmas he will be our 4th best D.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
if we send him back, Neighbours can join AHL (or Blues) after his jr season ends. Next year no restrictions.

And not sure why you think Perunovich would play so little in St. Louis. Or why he would benefit more playing against lesser players. How much AHL time did Fox or Hughes or Makar play after they left college? He is 23. He is ready. He will make mistakes but that is how he will learn. With any luck, by Christmas he will be our 4th best D.

I’d like to play Perunovich full time from day 1 so he’ll be a weapon in the playoffs. And if we weren’t so deep at F, I’d do the same for Neighbors.

Reactions: EL Bandito

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
With any luck, by Christmas he will be our 4th best D.
Parayko, Mikkola, Walman and Perunovich.

giphy.gif

Seriously. Didn't remember he's that old already.

We have logjam on LHD or somebody needs to play their offside. Perunovich can do it tho. I really thought he is 20-21 years old. This totally change perspective. He should be really ready for NHL or he doesn't take real jump.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Brown was better than some are saying here for sure. He's a work in progress/project that I think if given the year to develop, learn how to play like a Blue, get 25-30 games as an extra forward, will be a far better player within a year. You can't tell me he's not a better option than Maceachern or Clifford.

He's not a better option than those guys for the type of style we play, nor for the role he could earn. He is not getting a top 9 spot barring injuries. Even with injuries, he is doubtful to get a top 9 spot. Our 4th line will all be guys capable of moving up the line-up. Here's the top 8 in no particular order: 1) Perron 2) RoR 3) Buchnevich 4) Schenn 5) Saad 6) Tarasenko 7)Thomas 8) Kyrou. Those guys are all locks to get a top 9 spot. I would put anyone on our 4th line into the top 9 over Brown: Suny, Barby, Bozak. So even if we get 2 injuries, those guys are better coming up. Not to mention we have Kostin, Neighbours, Neal (if signed) all fighting for a roster spot and all arguably better than Brown in a Top 9 spot. So Brown would be relegated to a 4th line role. Mac Mac and Cliffoed are much better suited to that role. I am not a Clifford fan, but he is not deathly afraid of accidentally brushing up against an opposing player. I'd even prefer him out there in a 4th line role.

Quick note on this goal: I was 90% sure watching it live but now am 1000% sure after watching the slo-mo replay...Bolduc was attempting to shoot that puck in off the defenseman's skate. He was aiming for the defenseman's skate blade and attempting to bank the puck into the net past the goalie off the dman's skate. Unreal.

Super high IQ play that almost worked. Pretty incredible for a rookie/junior player to try to pull that off against preseason NHL competition and damn near pull it off.

If that is what he was trying, he did pull it off. It caught the goalie and Dman off guard and created a juicy rebound that Barby had the inside tract on. So it didn't give Boldy (trying the Blues nickname generator out) the goal, but an assist is just as good.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No GDT for tonight's game, so posting it here. The game is showing on the Blues page on the NHL website. I couldn't find a stream on ESPN, Bally or NBCS-Chicago. So if you are looking to watch, that's the best bet I've found.

Damnit, Kostin just got hurt. Hopefully not bad. The damn stream is showing the crowd and not a replay, or if he was able to skate off the ice.

Reactions: DoubleK81

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
No GDT for tonight's game, so posting it here. The game is showing on the Blues page on the NHL website. I couldn't find a stream on ESPN, Bally or NBCS-Chicago. So if you are looking to watch, that's the best bet I've found.

Damnit, Kostin just got hurt. Hopefully not bad. The damn stream is showing the crowd and not a replay, or if he was able to skate off the ice.
Sounds like Kostin is OK thank goodness. Made a fantastic play nearly splitting the D for a breakaway right before the hit.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Hope Kostin is okay. With Neighbors and Brown chomping at the bit, Kostin isn't a shoe-in. he needs to perform to his ability.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS

Blues website, or on the Blues team page through the NHL app.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
They just showed a replay of a Husso save but no replay on the hit yet. Kostin played the next shift but I’d like to see a replay.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
You start to appreciate video camera work of modern NHL games. Watching this game is a little tough. Feels like I'm in the rafters.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A couple nice saves by Husso. What was Krug doing there? Lots of scrambling by Blackhawks players in front of the net to bounce on the rebounds, and then Krug just kinda floats into the screen after the puck was in the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad