GDT: Blues @ Hawks 7pm ChSn

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.It is nice to see Hawks AHL players outplay Blues AHL players...should be great watching Rockford this season.

2 It was a pleasure watching hockey without the goofs of the poir hockey sense of $9.5 and the slow pylon of Connor Barfy.. Team flow looked much better as pucks got up to forwards for much more rush attacks..
EdM was outstanding...KK though very inconsistent and caught watching letting guys go in free tajingbpucks to our net..Phillipscstill loses too many board battles behind our net ...had to be bailed out by others after he doesn't win the puck..

AaA was horrid...lost hos speed or just not up to speed yet..but hexwss awful.

Other than those few I singled out,the rest of the team played very well.. albeit vs. Not the Real Blues team..

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
That's code for "Kyle is trying to get a trade set up before putting his bum ass on waivers"
it's actually code for "this is a secret message for kevin musto: please make six more posts on hf hawks about a player you've been actively rooting against since the day he was drafted. you are our strongest soldier in the war on our own prospects, and we are counting on you. godspeed son."

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
it's actually code for "this is a secret message for kevin musto: please make six more posts on hf hawks about a player you've been actively rooting against since the day he was drafted. you are our strongest soldier in the war on our own prospects, and we are counting on you. godspeed son."
Reminds me of my favorite onion segment

Reactions: statswatcher

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
That top line is going to get caved in and be responsible for at least two goals against.

Nailed it.

Admittedly when I made this stupid comment, I didn't realize this was a glorified AHL game. I haven't seen highlights yet but nice to see so many young guys on the scoresheet.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Obviously even with the just playing a Bsquad of mainly prospects spring lied with a few bottom six and lower d-pair nhl vets by STL, that Bedard has more chemistry with Kurashev than any of the vet additions brought in by KD...
So they goita pit Kurashev as a winger with Bedard...Reichel aged better o that line witb those 2 than he did with any vets tried..

So maybe they should go with a "kid" line a day just designate them as the d line to relieve any psychological pressure on them?

BUT IF Hall and Tt are the wingers for line #1 who is the missing 2C?
They gotta eother trade or pick somebody off waivers ...a 2C vet to fill that spot.
Dickinson old be 3 C either Foligno and Micheyev

And line 4 could be 4C Smith with Donato and Anderson
..but the problem is that missing linex2 VEt center.

Maybe we get lucky on the waiver wire or they trade sonet assets to get that missing piece?

Aa was maybectgeceorst Hawks player last night..he us NOT skating well.. Should trade hom or wives hom if they can get that missing stop-gap but capable C vet for Hall and Tt.

Reichel if he learns to shoot more could be good with Bedard and Kurashev...not goibg to be a great defensive line ..but we need scoro g frl.them Allah a priority.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I'm just amazed how in a year and a half's time, Reichel has gone from our brightest hope going into the future to a likely waiver candidate.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm just amazed how in a year and a half's time, Reichel has gone from our brightest hope going into the future to a likely waiver candidate.
Reichel's game is such a tease. Just like last night he will on occasion use his speed and skill to get into the ops end that will raise eyebrows but he won't shoot and he often looks lost once he arrives and the plays fizzle. Personally, I think Hawks need to shop him now as I doubt he clears waivers.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He was never that to begin with lol

Even when he was drafted, his ceiling was a 2nd line passenger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad