Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Flames 8PM CST on BSMW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Says who? That's not something I believe in. And again, Husso played just 5 games this month. There's no way he's tired.

The plan is to keep it that way. The NHL season is a marathon, not a sprint. Back to backs are almost always split.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
The Flames started good and got covid and haven't done too good since but starting to pick it back up, Should be a tough test tonight.

I had tickets for the game tonight but with my work and other stuff, I can't attend. Go Blues!!!

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Says every fitness leader I've ever met in the military and every personal trainer I've had. And so what he's only played 5 gages this month. He's played 3 in the last 7 games. Sports are a hell on the body, especially if your job is to crouch for 60 minutes a night and contort your body into strange and awkward positions repeatedly.
But he doesn't believe in it... so it's not true now. That's now how science works...

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Why take the risk to play Binnington?

I know it's a road back to back but Husso played just 5 games this month, just 12 all season long. He can't possibly be tired and he's red hot while Binnington is ice cold. That Calgary game is one heck of a trap game for the Blues. It could be ugly. Why risk losing points due to poor goaltending and why risk destroying Binnington's confidence even further if it's almost a certainty Husso would play yet another solid game? Just three more games until the break so why not go with the hot goalie and give the cold one an extended break? A struggling goalie is more likely to improve via a complete reset than via playing through his issues. Blues will need Binnington after the break, they don't really need him now. Give him time to practice without having to prepare for games and start him again after the break when he finally cleaned up and reset his game.

Binnington is OUR guy in net, whether he is currently red hot or currently ice cold. That contract dictates as much. The only scenario where he isn't OUR guy in net is a scenario where you have a literal crystal ball and you can look ahead and see that he will never return to a form even loosely resembling his form during the Cup run. In that scenario, he has outright lost some ability and or a step. Since I nor the Blues' management know of anyone with that literal crystal ball, the only way for an ice cold net minder to snap out of the rough patch is for him to play his way out. He has to play. Every legitimate Cup contender needs a solid, consistent goaltending duo to ultimately get to the promised land. Clear back in training camp until that Cup is hoisted over your head.

Husso today is much like years back when Allan took the next step as Elliot faltered somewhat or even like Binnington grabbing opportunity because Allen was faltering somewhat in 2018-2019.

Goalkeep in this league is a cruel, unpredictable mistress. She will either kick you in the nuts or BLOW your mind... If you catch my drift. You need two guys who can, more often than not, have their minds BLOWn on a consistent, steady basis or your team will ultimately fail to hoist that Cup.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Binner is the backup now until he proves better. If he dont find his mojo until the end of the season and Husso keeps playing well I would consider trading Binner. But many IFs.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Anyone here remember the French they took?
omelette-dexter-laboratory.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
they need to tweak their ribbon boards, nice rainbow on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad