GDT: Blues Contenders @ Blackhawk Pretenders, UC, 2 Dec 2019, 7:30 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Jumping in for the Gipper, or lack there of. CMON Boys, snap out of this malaise, funk, stunk drunk, or whatever it is you have.

Possible LINEUPS:

Hawks Lineup 02122019.png

WE NEED THE WIN!!

wegotthis.png

The Red Dog GOD has been summoned for emergency support!!

red dog.jpg

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah I’m not expecting much. I feel for Kane, he’s the real captain of this team.

Captain Garbage and his assistant KFSeabs have led us to second last in the west. We’re below the Wild for crying out loud.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
A guy on Twitter has responded to all the major journos to say he crossed paths with Shaw at the hospital and he has a broken nose. That actually makes sense.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews and D-Cat a combined 9 goals...At this pace they will be about 45goals combined short of last season..That is a lot of "star" power not manifesting ...also them not scoring much does not engender confidence but rather worry by their teammates as in "unless the 2 big guns stop firing blanks but fill the net a lit more,we got no chance"..

Your stars gotta star...not justcwhen thevteam struggles.. But when the team struggles,it sure could use some more help...a lit mire helm from its 2 AWOL stars..

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I kinda have this gut feeling that they'll win tonight. They struggle against fast, young teams. The Blues play a heavier game.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews and D-Cat a combined 9 goals...At this pace they will be about 45goals combined short of last season..That is a lot of "star" power not manifesting ...also them not scoring much does not engender confidence but rather worry by their teammates as in "unless the 2 big guns stop firing blanks but fill the net a lit more,we got no chance"..

Your stars gotta star...not justcwhen thevteam struggles.. But when the team struggles,it sure could use some more help...a lit mire helm from its 2 AWOL stars..

Especially when one of those stars is eating up so much cap space that you can't acquire the necessary depth to be competitive.

If you're going to eat up lots of money in a capped league, you better be dammed sure you're making up for the lost depth you're creating.

At least Kane is doing so.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I kinda have this gut feeling that they'll win tonight. They struggle against fast, young teams. The Blues play a heavier game.

Ya, just feels like a trap game for the Blues. Can't wait until that line hits +180!

EDIT: It's now a +110, how? The Blackhawks are playing with 11 forwards lol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where do people think Toews and Co. learned to take half games off? Probably from Patrick Kane. The guy is great, and produces no matter what, I will give him that. But as long as he still floats and takes half games off he shouldn't be calling any one out for work ethic. Pile on me, I don't care.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Where do people think Toews and Co. learned to take half games off? Probably from Patrick Kane. The guy is great, and produces no matter what, I will give him that. But as long as he still floats and takes half games off he shouldn't be calling any one out for work ethic. Pile on me, I don't care.

Well then that’s their fault for not realizing Patrick Kane is a lot more talented and is one of a few players in the league who can do that and still positively impact the game.

They’re not Kane, they need to work.

Reactions: Geoist and d rake

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

42 point pace Toews learned to take off games from 100+ point Kane...that story totally adds up

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Lol. He didn't call anyone out for work ethic. He said "your best players have to be your best players". Seems pretty f***ing simple to me.

When was the last time Toews was the Hawks' best player? For Seabrook, that was probably 2015....

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

Is that quote really calling out work ethic though? I look at it more calling out Cat/Toews/whoever to start producing on the score sheet.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Remember when there were arguments about who was the more important player to the Hawks, Kane or Toews? And both sides had a valid argument? That's a ****ing laughable discussion today. My how times have changed.

Toews was probably winning that debate through the last Cup run, right?

Toews also had hall of famer Marian Hossa attached to his hip, and Kane had Kris Versteeg and a nearly fully broken down Brad Richards.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lol. He didn't call anyone out for work ethic. He said "your best players have to be your best players". Seems pretty ****ing simple to me.

When was the last time Toews was the Hawks' best player? For Seabrook, that was probably 2015....
Yeah, I misread the statement. Point stands though.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I misread the statement. Point stands though.

Kane works harder than all of them in the offseason, so you don't really have much of a point. He's one of the most dedicated players in the league when it comes to improving his game and being the best. He plays how he plays and has only improved as the years have gone by. It's a silly argument considering his point production....

If anyone can call out the best players for not being their best players, it is Kane. Because he's consistently their best player....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan