Post-Game Talk: Blues at Rangers - Nov 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Not just talking about this board. Go to the main board, well actually don't. :laugh: But, they act like the Rangers picked McIlrath #1, and Tarasenko went #2.

I agree that people complain about this pick too much but if I'm looking for a good argument as to why people should not complain about it this argument of yours falls woefully short.

On the previous page I saw "14 other teams passed"

It's a multi million dollar business. Pointing to the mistakes of other teams is a very incompetent way of defending your own. The rangers scouts and talent evaluators are pros. They gambled on this decision and it seems obvious it was a huge mistake. The things they have done right can outshine the bad but that doesn't change the fact that this 2010 draft decision was a downright moronic one.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not just talking about this board. Go to the main board, well actually don't. :laugh: But, they act like the Rangers picked McIlrath #1, and Tarasenko went #2.

Those idiots also thought Tarasenko dangled Lundqvist on that goal. I saw at least a couple of Habs fans making fun of "The King"

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Just had a great time going through my posts from the 2010 draft thread where I explicitly state that I want Tarasenko and then am absolutely disgusted with the McIlrath pick.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=26507091#post26507091

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=26511038#post26511038

:help:

It's not until about a full 4 pages AFTER the pick is made that SERE actually becomes the first to say who it is we took. Hahaha that's up there with the way montreal reacted to the gomez trade once they found out McD was part of it.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Loved the effort tonight, especially in the first period. A few things:

1. This version of Rick Nash is an animal. I love watching him play.

2. MSL had some jump in his legs. Hopefully he can sustain it.

3. I liked what I saw from Connor Allen. He's got a good motor on him.

4. I've never seen a group of fans root against a guy as much as I've seen with McIlrath. He's played 3 NHL games at this point? Let the guy adjust a little bit. The speed is significantly faster. For a guy who isn't the fastest it's going to take some time to adjust. Give the kid a break and let him have a chance.

5. I liked what I saw from Talbot after not playing for a while

6. Can't wait to see Stepan back.

Last year I spoke about how I felt Nash had a physical edge and presence. Not an enforcers presence but the kind where he could really lay one hell of a thump at least once a game and Jon had to bust my balls as if Nash was wholly incapable of throwing even one hit per game. Glad to see glaring evidence how wrong he was. Especially since that glaring evidence helps us win and is vastly entertaining. It's not about laying a single hit it's about being physical and overpowering. Nash can do it, he's done it before and he's doing it now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Didn't make a great pick, it happens to every team. Rangers made it farther last season than the Blues have in 44 years.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Could be a combination of watching the game without sound and my impaired vision (broke my glasses).

But more than once I've said "ew why is Glass out there" and it ends up being Hayes :laugh:

Stove..........................pls.

Stop breaking things.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hayes moves pretty well relative to his size but he's still kinda slow

It's something I'm willing to accept though. Players that size can't skate much better than that. He also makes up for it with his ridiculous reach.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I though McIlrath was fine last night in the small amount of time he was out there. He's still a bit unpolished, but what mistakes he made are pretty typical rookie D mistakes. Let him settle in and adjust and I think he'll be fine.

I do think that every fighter in the league is going to challenge him to drop the mitts the first time the Rangers play their team. I'd like him to resist as often as possible.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Great game last night. Even with a SO loss, it was just a phenomenal game from both teams and for entertaining fans.

Speaking of Hayes though, he better become a defensive stalwart because it looks like he has the offensive abilities of Brian Boyle. While Boyle is better on faceoffs and defensive play, Hayes is better puck handler. Other than that, looks like another big guy who isn't overtly physical and can't score on an empty net.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Hayes isn't the most graceful skater but he's not slow and covers a lot of ground quickly. He's impressive and will only get better.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I've seen McD get walked worse than that multiple times this year alone

Mcilrath was trying to cover a mistake by his partner couldn't catch an NHL superstar def not gonna hold it against him. Thought he was fine otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad