Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I wouldn't mind adding him if he came cheap, which I am not sure would be the case. Seems like Kapanen kind of took the spot he would fill anyway though,

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
If the cost was reasonable, Robertson would be a good add. Giving him a 2 year try out as some other prospects marinate could workout. Worst case he floundered here for 2 years, best case we got a hard working depth piece that could be extended. His size doesnt bother me because i like his motor, i'd take his play style over Kapanens in a heart beat.

We have a pretty good history of picking up Toronto outcasts and having success with them: Steen and Gunner.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We need to add centers not wingers. I want our prospects to be able to come in and shift to wing if necessary. Right now we have Thomas - Schenn - ??? - sunqvist up the middle. We could have bolduc, dvo, buch or texier take C. None have a tone of NHL C experience. If we are going to add, I want a 2/3 C. That's why pinto would be great

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
We need to add centers not wingers. I want our prospects to be able to come in and shift to wing if necessary. Right now we have Thomas - Schenn - ??? - sunqvist up the middle. We could have bolduc, dvo, buch or texier take C. None have a tone of NHL C experience. If we are going to add, I want a 2/3 C. That's why pinto would be great
Does Dean factor in to your thinking at all for next season?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Does Dean factor in to your thinking at all for next season?

Maybe in a 4th line role, replacing Sunny. Dean didn't look terrible but he did not look NHL ready last year. I want him in the AHL as first call up barring huge leap. And even in the NHL, he'd just replace Sunny. I mean he had 0 points in 9 NHL games and scored at a 23 point season pace in the ahl. We are straight screwed if we are counting on him for top 9 production. He was worse in the AHL last year than Hayes who we paid to get rid of was in the NHL.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I know some had mentioned Buch to Carolina. I think Saad to Carolina makes even more sense for both sides. He's a pretty reasonable contract. Could be a good way to get back the 2nd that we for some reason we paid to move Hayes.

In regards to Robertson, he's a talented player. But i'm not putting much stock into him. He's had a whirlwind of injury issues since being drafted and hasn't been able to play a full season. If the cost is a 3rd, I can see the reasoning to take the risk. If it's anymore, I just don't see it. If we're looking to add fringe top 6 scorers, I think you could probably get Sprong on a 1 year deal to see if there's a fit there. Most likely he's also a guy you could potentially flip at the deadline (assuming he has a decent season) when you need to open up a spot for Snuggerud post college season.

Just wanted to touch upon this again separate from Carolina, but I think there's a lot of teams right now that could stand to add a Saad to their team. Great track record in the playoffs and a guy you know mostly what you are getting out of him.

Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Totally agree. The only player I see as a lock for the roster that should absolutely be playing C is Thomas.

Dean too if he’s good enough to make the team but even he might benefit from starting off his career on the wing.

Buchy (if he’s even here) is better on the wing.

Schenn was a good C during his prime but he’s a better fit at LW now.

Texier is listed as a C but he isn’t one.

I love Sunny but his best days are well behind him and his time as a C should be over. He can’t keep up and he’s always been way below average at faceoffs. We played him at C out of necessity…and unfortunately likely will again.

Dvorsky is a C but like you point out, it may be better to ease him in at LW at first so he has less defensive responsibility. Like we did with RT at RW his rookie season. He can play C but it sure would be nice to have the luxury of not forcing him to either be a C or bust.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Maybe in a 4th line role, replacing Sunny. Dean didn't look terrible but he did not look NHL ready last year. I want him in the AHL as first call up barring huge leap. And even in the NHL, he'd just replace Sunny. I mean he had 0 points in 9 NHL games and scored at a 23 point season pace in the ahl. We are straight screwed if we are counting on him for top 9 production. He was worse in the AHL last year than Hayes who we paid to get rid of was in the NHL.
I expected Dean to be competing for a regular role this year. He’s slower in his development than I expected. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he claims a top 9 roll out of camp.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I expected Dean to be competing for a regular role this year. He’s slower in his development than I expected. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he claims a top 9 roll out of camp.

What are you seeing that you base this on? He looked fine for a warm body on defense but he never looked dangerous on O. He looked outright bad at times in the AHL. I'm glad he improved and didn't look terrible in the NHL. But there is no reason to rush him if he's not ready. Let him have success in a lower level and reinforce good habits with that success.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Pinto or Roslovic would be my two targets right now

From what I've heard, Roslovic is much more suited for wing instead of center. Maybe he can play center but not sure that's his best position.

I agree Pinto would be a good fit, but what are Blues fans willing to offer for him? I'm sure they'd want a prospect like Snuggerud, Stenberg or Lindstein. Not sure that Bolduc+ would get it done. Maybe if Buch is traded we could flip some of that return for Pinto, but lots of teams will be in on him.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Dean flipped a switch late in the season in Springfield. In the handful of games that I watched from 2023 compared to the games he had later in the season it was like night and day. He was driving the play, playing with way more confidence and decisiveness, making smarter, quicker decisions with the puck and it almost felt like it came overnight. One second he was invisible, next he was one of the most noticeable players on the ice.

IF he can play like that in the preseason, he'll earn a chance to stick with the team all year, but if we see more tentative/passenger play from him in the preseason, he'd be best served starting the season in Springfield. I don't think anyone has seen enough to suggest that he should be penciled in as a Top 9 player to start the season, but it's not out of the question that he comes in and grabs a roster spot by the balls.

Regardless, we need another C on the roster. I don't want to see much more of Schenn/Buch in the middle and I'm not confident that Dvo is ready to make such a big jump just yet. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot out there that intrigues me at the C spot. I could see someone like Tyler Johnson getting a camp invite, but I really hope we can find a better solution some other way.

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Surprised by the Robertson slander, he plays a style most Blues fans would love. High motor, great on the forecheck, high end shot. Played at a 40 point pace last year with 11:30 TOI and 3 power play points. Kind of reminds me of Schwartz both playstyle and the injuries lmao. Put this guy on Thomas wing and I bet he cashes for 60 points. Still only 22 years old

Reactions: joe galiba

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Playing Dvorsky in the NHL this early would be counterproductive, he needs half a season of AHL play minimum before you even think of seeing him in NHL games. I see people have cited Rob Thom at 19 but that situation was different. It was all hands on deck for a deep run with a deep roster and he was the 3rd RW. This is a team with a good top 6 and a bunch of plugs in the bottom 6.

Dvorsky has a path to faster development as a center by being on the AHL team where he can get ice time as his play warrants and he has upward mobility within the lineup. He's basically got an emergent situation in Springfield where he be accommodated with the appropriate ice time at the right time in his development. Taking this path allows him the optimal situation for developing confidence quickly as a NA pro and establishing a strong base for him to build off in future seasons. It's the less glorious 1st step that nobody gets excited about yet they can be critical development years where players take huge steps forward out of the spotlight. In this case it might just be half a season before he's in NHL games. His friend Pekarcik could be assigned to Springfield as well which obviously would be fortuitous for both of them at such a young age to have a familiar face going through a similar experience together.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

Two of Dean, Stenberg, and Bolduc should be ready by the upcoming season's end. That should fill out our forward ranks, even if we move Kyrou during the season.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Why would we move Kyrou during the season?
Full NTC kicks in 7/1/25.

I don't think that the Blues are actively shopping him or even all-that-strongly considering a trade of him. But if there is any consideration/opportunity to move him for a long-term top 4 D man that fits the next window, it has to be done before 7/1/25. If that is what the Blues want to and an opportunity to do it comes along mid-season, you have to pull the trigger then instead of hoping such a deal goes back on the table in June.

There is zero chance Thomas gets moved. Buch's extension means that all of Buch, Schenn, Saad, Parayko, Faulk, Leddy, and Krug currently have full NTCs. If there is a team looking to move the kind of D we want for established talent instead of futures, Kyrou is the guy who would almost certainly be going the other way.

Again, not saying it is happening or even being considered by the team. I think they will be looking to package picks/prospects for that guy. But that would be the reason.

Reactions: EastVillageBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad