Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Surprised how few have been predicted to STL. We had 12 mil in space. We now traded a guy (Hayes) with a second round pick to get to about 16 mil...no way you make that trade unless you're planning on spending to the cap now. If not, why not trade Hayes and like a 3rd or 4th next offseason when he only has 1 year left? We have to do something.

Marchessault? Edmundson? Stephenson? All 3. No way we'd be interested in Stamkos right? I wouldnt hate it but just seems odd. Idk why.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
buchy for necas as base for deal? or you thinking prospects/picks?
Either? Could see them keeping Necas now with how some things played out, or them moving him in a different deal. They just don't look like a contender with the offense that they lost, especially if Necas isn't in their plans.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am not as high on Necas as some are here. I think he would be a downgrade from Buchnevich. I would prefer picks.
Necas is basically a worse version of Kyrou, and that's how people should view. I could go either way on him based on that description. I think the point in a Buch trade would be because of his age, a long contract will age better and he'll fit the core group better. He'll help a ton in transition with his speed, but those that expect him to be a magic solution at #2 C because he was drafted as a C don't have a full understanding of him IMO.

It's possible he can make that shift, but he's so far hasn't shown the ability to, and if he does, he'd need to be sheltered in that role.

I'd prefer Buch for stuff and stuff for Pinto.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
As
Necas is basically a worse version of Kyrou, and that's how people should view. I could go either way on him based on that description. I think the point in a Buch trade would be because of his age, a long contract will age better and he'll fit the core group better. He'll help a ton in transition with his speed, but those that expect him to be a magic solution at #2 C because he was drafted as a C don't have a full understanding of him IMO.

It's possible he can make that shift, but he's so far hasn't shown the ability to, and if he does, he'd need to be sheltered in that role.

long as the Pinto doesn't catch on fire

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Fair enough. Necas we know is available, Pinto.. Sens say no, but we shall see. I'd love to pick up guy like him too.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nick Robertson fits that age profile that Army often refers to and has requested a trade. Don’t really know what the ask would be, but he’s the type of guy you could toss a couple of picks at. He’s better than most guys you’re going to pick after the 1st round.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nick Robertson fits that age profile that Army often refers to and has requested a trade. Don’t really know what the ask would be, but he’s the type of guy you could toss a couple of picks at. He’s better than most guys you’re going to pick after the 1st round.
I'd toss a 3rd at him.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Pass. Decent player but we aren’t lacking for winger prospects. He isn’t type of guy you ideally want in bottom 6 and likely isn’t good enough for our top 6 longterm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad